What are you looking for?
Whether you’re living in the U.S. or just visiting for a few days, we’ve got solutions and advice to make life easier for you.
Get U.S. cash, pay bills, write cheques or transfer money from Canada to the U.S. instantly and for free1.
Shop in the U.S. and avoid paying foreign transaction fees. Plus, you get access to valuable insurance benefits6 at no extra charge.
U.S. Bank Accounts
Whether you need U.S. cash or have to pay your condo’s electric bill, our U.S. accounts have you covered. Take a look at our U.S. dollar accounts to find the right one for you.
U.S. Savings Accounts
Earn interest on your U.S. dollars and watch your money grow. Whether you’re saving for your next shopping trip or a beachside condo, our U.S. savings accounts can help you along.
Ideal if you’re saving for a down payment on a U.S. home, planning for an extended trip to the U.S. or want to take advantage of great rates on your U.S. dollars. This high-interest savings account lets you transfer money between Canada and U.S.1 and your money is FDIC insured4.Learn More Sign me up
U.S. Credit Cards
Say goodbye to foreign transaction fees and hello to amazing rewards with our U.S. dollar credit cards. Whether you use a credit card once in a while or all the time, our U.S. dollar credit cards are packed with rewarding benefits.
Perfect if you want the flexibility to make your transactions in U.S. funds and avoid the hassles of daily currency fluctuations. Earn 1 RBC Rewards point every $1 USD spent with your card, plus get premium insurance benefits6.
Perfect if you want the flexibility to make your transactions in U.S. funds and avoid the hassles of daily currency fluctuations. Earn 1 RBC Rewards point every $1 USD spent with your card, plus get premium insurance benefits6.Learn More Sign me up
Ideal if you spend more time in the U.S. – for vacations or retirement. Avoid foreign transaction fees on your U.S. purchases with this U.S. issued credit card. Earn 1 RBC Rewards® point on Signature Black and 1.5 Rewards points on Signature Black Plus for every dollar spent5, plus get premier insurance benefits6.
Note: To sign up for a Visa Signature Black / Black Plus credit card, you must open or already have an RBC Bank (U.S.) checking account.
Ready to buy or refinance8 a property in the U.S.? We can help make it happen.
We’re the only U.S. bank dedicated to helping Canadians buy and refinance property in all 50 U.S. States. Here’s how we do it:
- We’ll use your Canadian credit history and your RBC Royal Bank relationship to help you get a mortgage
- We “speak Canadian”, so we can walk you through each step and highlight the differences between Canada and the U.S.
- You can pay off your mortgage at any time – there are no pre-payment penalties with an RBC Bank mortgage
- Best of all, we don't charge a foreign national premium, saving you up to 3% on your U.S. mortgage.
RBC Bank offers competitive refinancing options:
With the surplus money you can earn by refinancing your U.S. home, your spending power goes further:
- Borrow up to 80% of the equity in your U.S. home
- Use the money earned from the currency exchange for virtually anything – home improvements, a dream vacation, pay off debt in Canada or invest in other options.
The Snowbird / Frequent Traveller package
This package is perfect if you like to spend your winter somewhere warm and want the flexibility of accessing your cash in Canada or in the U.S., paying for purchases, earning rewards and getting valuable travel benefits in the U.S.
- Instant and free1 online transfers from Canada to U.S.
- Withdraw or deposit U.S. dollars in the U.S.
- Pay U.S. bills
- Write U.S. cheques
Living Part Time in the U.S. / Moving to the U.S. package
Everything you need if you are working or relocating to the U.S. You can easily and quickly move money across the border and get great rates. Access to U.S. dollars and a U.S. credit card is a must for simplifying your financial life in the U.S. while maintaining a connection to Canadian finances.
Visa Signature Black Plus card◊
- Pay for purchases in the U.S. and avoid foreign transaction fees ‐ up to $25 for every $1,000 you spend
- Earn 1.5 RBC Rewards points for every dollar spent5
- Premium Travel insurance benefits6
- Enjoy Visa’s premier benefits and insurances6 at no extra cost
- $75 annual fee7
The Shopper / Occasional Vacationer package
If you like to shop online or take weekend trips to or go on a family vacation in the U.S., this package may be for you. You can withdraw U.S. cash while you’re in Canada and pay for your purchases in U.S. dollars.
®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under licence.
‡ All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.