Reasons Canadians Our U.S. Banking Bundle
- Free, unlimited transfers and instant exchange3 between your Canadian and U.S. RBC bank accounts.
- Free access4 to over 50,000 ATMs nationwide.
- No foreign transaction fees on U.S. purchases + unlimited 1% cash back when you redeem your points earned with your RBC Bank Visa Signature Black card5,6
- We use your Canadian credit history and address to help you qualify.
Visa Signature Black U.S. Credit Card
Annual Fee: $01
Additional Card: $0
Purchase Rate: Low Introductory APR
- Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every $1 you spend6.
- Redeem for travel, gift cards, merchandise or 1.00% cash back5,6.
- Travel with your choice of any airline, any flight, any time when you redeem. No blackout periods or seat restrictions.
- Enjoy built-in insurance coverage that protects your travels, purchases and more when you use your card to pay8. More insurance details
- We’ll use your Canadian credit history and your RBC Royal Bank relationship to help you qualify.
- Get emergency cash and card replacement.
- Enjoy travel perks such as signature concierge services to scheduled events and access to tickets.
- You’re covered by Visa’s Zero Liability Policy9 protecting you against unauthorized use.
Direct Checking U.S. Bank Account
$0 for the first year2
- Free and unlimited online CAD <> USD exchange and transfers between your RBC Royal Bank (Canadian) and RBC Bank (U.S.) accounts – 24/7 with no delay3.
- Use your RBC Bank Visa Debit card to get cash at over 50,000 ATMs nationwide.
- Pay your U.S. credit cards and other bills online, from Canada or the U.S.
Apply Online in Just 5 Minutes
Simplify your cross-border lifestyle today with easy U.S. banking.
Other Ways to Apply:
RBC Bank, Equal Housing Lender Member FDIC.
RBC Bank is RBC Bank (Georgia), National Association (“RBC Bank”), a wholly owned U.S. banking subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, and is a member of the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”). U.S. deposit accounts are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum amount permissible by law. U.S. banking products and services are offered and provided by RBC Bank. Canadian banking products and services are offered and provided by Royal Bank of Canada. U.S. deposit accounts are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (“CDIC”).
All loans and lines of credit are subject to approval. Additional credit card transaction fees will apply as follows: Balance Transfers - Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater (after the end of the introductory period, the maximum fee is $99). The Balance Transfer fee has no maximum during the introductory period (first 6 monthly billing cycles); thereafter, this fee will be a maximum of $99 per Balance Transfer. Cash Advances - Either $5 or 3.5% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater. Foreign Transaction Fee - 1.5% of the U.S. Dollar amount of foreign transaction regardless of whether the transaction is made in U.S. Dollars or in a foreign currency (Exception: Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands). Late Payment Fee- up to $35. Returned Payment Fee - up to $35.
Offer period is Sept 4, 2018 through Nov 30, 2018 (“Offer Period”). Offer is available for new clients of RBC Bank (U.S.) only. A new client is defined as an individual who has not been a primary or secondary accountholder on any RBC Bank U.S. checking account for the 18 months prior to the start of the offer period. To qualify, client must open a new RBC Bank Direct Checking account and be approved for an RBC Bank credit card before the end of the Offer Period. Employees of Royal Bank of Canada do not qualify for this offer. Direct Checking account must be enrolled in eStatements, account must be funded according to the Personal Schedule of Fees and the credit card opened by December 7, 2018. For eligible clients, RBC Bank will waive the Direct Checking monthly or annual fee for 1 year. All other checking account fees apply. If a client applies for a RBC Bank Visa Signature Black Plus credit card, the annual fee of the credit card is not waived. Offer is available for a limited time only and can be withdrawn at any time.
No foreign transaction fees or transfer fees will be charged. Foreign exchange rates apply when converting currencies. Standard account charges may apply. Maximum transaction limits may apply and are subject to change. Availability of the money will depend on the time when it is sent from Royal Bank of Canada or RBC Bank. Transaction may not appear on your account transaction history until the following day but will reflect the date of transfer.
There is no fee associated with accessing these ATMs but standard account charges apply.
Refer to the RBC Rewards Program Rules and Conditions provided with your credit card for details. Rewards Points are not earned on balance transfers and cash advances.
1.00% cash back from the Visa Signature/Platinum and 1.25% cash back from the Visa Signature Black Credit cards can only be redeemed with RBC Rewards points.
Prime Rate: As published in the Wall Street Journal, Eastern Edition, on the 20th day of the preceding month; current rate is 5.00% as of July 1, 2018.
All insurance is subject to limitations and exclusions. Insurance products are offered by Visa and are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency and are not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by, any bank or bank affiliate.
Visa's Zero Liability Policy covers U.S. issued cards only and does not apply to commercial credit cards, ATM transactions, or PIN transactions not processed by Visa. Cardholder must notify card issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.rbc.com/security.
Debit transaction charges do not include service charges and online fund transfers such as a transfer to a deposit account, a credit card payment and north and south transfers from an RBC Royal Bank account and RBC Bank account in the same name.
Subject to the maximum extent permitted by law. Amount of coverage is based on the account balance and account ownership. For details visit www.fdic.gov.