Royal Bank of Canada
Spring 2018 Eligible Personal Banking Account Campaign - Terms & Conditions
Attention Group Advantage Clients: If you are employed by a company that has entered into an RBC Group Advantage agreement with us and has an active RBC Group Advantage plan (including Group Savings, Group Banking and Mortgage Assistance Program), then these terms and conditions do not apply to you. To see the terms and conditions that apply to Group Advantage clients, please visit rbc.com/groupterms;
“Eligible Personal Banking Account” means either of the following accounts: RBC Signature No Limit Banking® or RBC VIP Banking®
“Eligible Personal Client” means a client who:
- Is a resident of Canada and of the age of majority in the province in which they reside by November 30, 2018. Residence is determined by the jurisdiction (province or territory) where a client has their primary tax filing obligation based on their regular place of residence;
- Does not have an existing Personal Banking Account with us; and
- Never had a Personal Banking Account nor qualified for any of our offers related to opening a Personal Banking Account at any time during the Promotional Period or in the five year period before the start of the Promotional Period;
“Personal Banking Account” means any of the following accounts: RBC Day to Day Banking®, RBC No Limit Banking®, RBC Student Banking®, RateLink Preference®, RateLink Essential®, RateLink Essential - Sixty Plus®, Sixty Plus - Signature Plus®, Sixty Plus - Royal Money Maker®, Sixty Plus - Calculator Plus®, RBC VIP Banking®; RBC Signature No Limit Banking, RBC No Limit Banking for Students account; U.S Personal Account;
“Primary Owner” means the person we designate as the primary owner of a joint Personal Banking Account;
“Promotional Offer” means the offer as defined in section 1;
“Promotional Period” means the period starting on June 04, 2018 and ending at 9:00 PM EST on October 1, 2018;
“Qualifying Criteria” means the conditions set out in section 2 below.
“RBC Employees” mean all our employees and pensioners.
“Terms” mean these terms and conditions that govern this Promotional Offer;
“you” and “your” mean any Eligible Personal Client;
“we”, “us”, “our” and “Royal Bank” mean Royal Bank of Canada or any of its deposit taking subsidiaries.
- The Promotional Offer
Providing you fulfill the Qualifying Criteria in Section 2 and the conditions set out in Section 3 below, you may elect to receive one of the following:
Complimentary iPad, 32GB, Model # MR7G2CL/A (Silver); MRJN2CL/A (Gold); MR7F2CL/A (Space Grey); (iPad)
(each item individually referred to as the “Reward”)
- How to qualify for the Promotional Offer:
To qualify for this Promotional Offer you must:
- be an Eligible Personal Client
- open an Eligible Personal Banking Account during the Promotional Period; and;
- complete one of the following by 9:00 PM Eastern Time November 30, 2018:
Transfer the full amount of your automated and recurring payroll direct deposit or monthly recurring pension direct deposit to your new Eligible Personal Banking Account. To qualify, you may not split your payroll deposit from one employer or pension deposit from one provider between the Eligible Personal Banking Account and any other account. We reserve the right to determine what is considered payroll and whether the payroll deposit has been split. The first payroll or pension deposit must be credited to your new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM Eastern Time November 30 2018
Set up two (2) Pre-Authorized Monthly Payments (“PAPs”), such as a pre authorized bill payment to a service provider (i.e utility bill, gym membership) or pre-authorized payment to an RBC mortgage, loan, Royal Credit Line or contribution to your RBC investment account, from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account. The first payment of both Pre-Authorized Payments must be debited and must clear from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM Eastern Time November 30, 2018.
- Conditions that apply to the Promotional Offer
The following conditions also apply to this Promotional Offer:
- The Promotional Offer is available to Eligible Personal Clients only.
- RBC Employees are not eligible to participate in the Promotional Offer. However, if an RBC Employee is a co-owner on a joint Eligible Personal Banking Account, the Promotional Offer may still be earned, provided the remaining conditions are fulfilled by the other co-owner(s);
- Only one Reward per Eligible Personal Client, no matter how many Eligible Personal Banking Accounts you may open during the Promotional Period;
- Only one Reward per Eligible Personal Banking Account, even if the Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened jointly and the Qualifying Criteria are fulfilled by more than one co-owner. In this case, only the co-owner designated as the Primary Owner at the time of opening of the joint Eligible Personal Banking Account will qualify for the Promotional Offer.
- The Promotional Offer is only available while supplies last. While we reserve the right to substitute the Promotional Offer with an offer of equal value, we are not obligated to do so.
- Eligible Personal Clients are not entitled to a change, upgrade or substitution of the Promotional Offer.
- Your Eligible Personal Banking Account must remain open and in good standing, and the Qualifying Criteria you performed to get the Reward (such as payroll/pension deposit or pre-authorized payment) must remain in effect until September 27 2019.
- If you received the Reward and then downgraded, changed or closed your Eligible Personal Banking Account or undid any of the Qualifying Criteria you performed to get the Reward, such as cancelled any payroll/pension deposit or pre-authorized payment, at any time before September 27 2019, we reserve the right to debit your Eligible Personal Banking Account or any of your accounts with us for the value of the Reward you selected as described in the table below, plus applicable taxes, even if this places you into overdraft. If your Eligible Personal Banking Account is closed and you do not have any other account with us at that time, we will send you an invoice for the value of the Reward you selected, as described in the table below plus applicable taxes, which you agree to pay in 30 days.
iPad (32 GB)
Value (after any initial payment)
- In order to select and receive a Reward, you must enroll in our Online Banking service;
- Starting June 22nd 2018, we will notify you by way of message to your Online Banking Message Centre, when you have fulfilled the Qualifying Criteria and qualified for the Promotional Offer. This message will be sent at any time up to two business days after the first payroll/pension deposit has been credited to your new Eligible Personal Banking Account or the second Pre-Authorized Payment has been debited from the Eligible Personal Banking Account. The message will contain a secure link that will permit you to visit a secure online store where you can select your Reward and confirm an address for delivery, as well as any other shipping details;
- If you believe you have qualified for the Promotional Offer but have not received a message to your Online Banking Message Centre informing you of your qualification, you have until December 31st, 2018 to let us know. Any notice received after this date, will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this Promotional Offer;
- You have until January 15th, 2019 to use the secure link provided in the message informing you of your qualification for the Promotional Offer and to select your Reward. Any attempt to use the link after this date, will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this Promotional Offer;
- We will ship the Reward to the address you provided when you selected the Reward, as long as it is an address with a civic number and street name and is located in Canada. We will not ship to any post office box number;
- If you provided an email address when you opened your Eligible Personal Banking Account, we may send you an email notification informing you that your Reward has been shipped and providing you with a tracking number. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current. Where a tracking number has been provided, it is your responsibility to track and make any necessary arrangements to receive delivery of your Reward;
- A signed receipt of delivery at the address you provided when you selected your Reward, will be sufficient evidence of your receipt of the Reward, regardless of whether the signature on the receipt corresponds to the signature that appears in our records for the Eligible Personal Banking Account.
- We are not responsible for any failure, malfunction or defect in the Reward itself or for any services related to it. Any failure, malfunction or defect in the Reward, as well as any services related to it, should be addressed directly to the manufacturer.We are not responsible for any failure, malfunction or defect in the Reward itself or for any services related to it. Any failure, malfunction or defect in the Reward, as well as any services related to it, should be addressed directly to the manufacturer.
- The promotional offer is only available once the Eligible Personal Client is age of majority. If the Eligible Personal Client turns age of majority between June 4, 2018 and November 30, 2018, the message to the Online Banking Message Centre will be sent after their date of birth, subject to having met all of the Qualifying Criteria.
- Additional Conditions that apply to all Promotional Offers
- The Promotional Offer and these Terms do not, in any way, affect any of the service fees related to the operation of any of our personal deposit accounts, credit card accounts and business banking accounts, which continue to apply.
- The Promotional Offer shall not be combined with any other of our Personal Banking Account acquisition offers or promotions - unless otherwise indicated.
- We reserve the right to change the Promotional Offer and these Terms at any time. The posting of the current Terms at www.rbc.com/termsandconditions shall be deemed sufficient notice to you of such Terms and any changes, if required.
- Limitations that apply to all Promotional Offers
- We reserve the right to cancel the Promotional Offer at any time for any reason at our complete discretion without notice.
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the content of any document, brochure or promotional material advertising the Promotional Offer, these Terms shall prevail. You may always view the current Terms by visiting www.rbc.com/termsandconditions or you may call 1-800-769-2511 1-800-769-2511 to request a current copy.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Promotional Offer to any person or account holder we find or believe to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, integrity or operation of the Promotional Offer, including any person whose overall client relationship with us is in our opinion not in good standing.
®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada
Royal Bank of Canada Website, © 1995-2018