Apply Now or Call 1-800-769-2511
Have a question about sending money internationally through Online Banking using International Money Transfer? Check here for the answer. Don't see your question? Call 1-800-769-2555 to get help in more than 150 languages.
Most personal clients enrolled in Online Banking can send International Money Transfers(5).
You can send money to more than 120 countries worldwide. This service is not available to recipients in Canada and restricted countries.
You can send up to $2,500 Canadian dollars per day.
You can use the service as much as you like, provided you do not exceed $2,500 CAD (or equivalent) per day and there are funds in the account.
Typically the recipient can access the funds within 2-5 business days.
While RBC does not charge the recipient any fees for receiving money, any intermediary financial institution or the recipient’s financial institution may levy additional fees or service charges.
You will need:
There are two ways your recipient can receive the funds:
No. You can transfer money any time of the day or night, regardless of what time it is in your recipient’s country.
Yes, money you send using this service will arrive safely, provided that you have correctly entered the sending instructions.
Your transactions are completely covered by the RBC Online Banking Security Guarantee(2). If an unauthorized transaction is conducted through your RBC Online Banking service, you will be reimbursed 100% for any resulting losses to those accounts.+
Typically, your recipient will receive the funds in the currency you specify. However, some countries may convert the funds into local currency (conversion fees may apply).
No. $13.50 is the flat fee per transaction, for any amount up to $2,500 Canadian dollars per day(4).
Depending on the amount you are sending, our fee can be up to 4 times lower than other online services. For example, the cost to send $2,500 from Canada to China using Scotiabank or Bank of Montreal (BMO) Western Union online transfers would be $52.00 CAD.
No. Your recipient’s information, will be saved in Online Banking.
For assistance on navigation or submitting the payment online, call us at 1-800-769-2555. We’re here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For information on what BIC to use contact SWIFT for information on ABAS contact FEDwire.
For information on IBANs please contact your recipient.
1) Cannot remit funds from any US dollar account or the RBC High Interest eSavings account.
2) For a definition of an unauthorized transaction and for full details regarding the protections and limitations of the RBC Online Banking Security Guarantee, please see your Electronic Access Agreement . This guarantee is given by Royal Bank of Canada in connection with its Online Banking service.
3) RBC Online Banking is provided by Royal Bank of Canada.
4) Additional service fees by any intermediary and receiving bank may apply. Maximum of $2,500 Canadian dollars per day.
5) If this service is not available to you, please call 1-800-769-2555.