Apply Now or Call 1-800-769-2511
With the RBC International Money Transfer service you can send money to almost any country in the world, including the U.S(1), for just $13.50 CAD (2) per transfer from the comfort of your home. Send up to $10,000 CAD(7) per day in RBC Online Banking(5) – 24/7.
If you have an RBC Royal Bank® chequing or savings account(3) and RBC Online Banking access, you can send money 24/7, to almost any country in the world, including the U.S.(1). Your recipient can usually access the funds within 2-5 business days(6).
International Money Transfer is convenient for your family and friends abroad. RBC has over 1,400 banking relationships worldwide that allow us to transfer money virtually anywhere in the world in most local currencies and, where permitted, in U.S. and Canadian Dollars.
Note: International Money Transfers can't be sent from any U.S. dollar accounts or the RBC High Interest eSavings account.
‡ All other trademarks are the property of their respective owner(s).
1) Not available to recipients in Canada and restricted countries. If your Recipient lives in Canada, you can send them an Interac e-Transfer. Send unlimited free transfers from your RBC personal chequing account.
2) Excess debit transaction fee may also apply depending on the account. Additional service fees by any intermediary and receiving bank may apply. Currency conversion fees may also apply. The financial institution on the receiving end of the transaction may have other requirements. The International Money Transfer service is not available to recipients in Canada and in restricted countries.
3) Must be enrolled in RBC Online Banking® and have either a Canadian RBC Royal Bank® chequing or savings account. Some restrictions may apply. Cannot send funds from a US dollar account, or the RBC High Interest eSavings® account.
4) If an unauthorized transaction is conducted through your RBC Online Banking service, you will be reimbursed 100% for any resulting losses to those accounts. For a definition of an unauthorized transaction and for full details regarding the protections and limitations of the RBC Online Banking Security Guarantee, please see your Electronic Access Agreement . This guarantee is given by Royal Bank of Canada in connection with its Online Banking service.
5) RBC Online Banking is operated by Royal Bank of Canada.
6) The sender must verify that the receiving financial institution accepts cash pick–up.
7) If you are eligible, we may give you the option to exceed the maximum daily limit up to $10,000 CAD per day, if you successfully complete an additional authentication process. This involves receiving a one-time password by text message from us to your mobile phone and entering it in order to complete the transaction. To be eligible for this service, you must have a Canadian mobile phone number recorded with us. Otherwise, the maximum daily limit is $2,500 CAD.