1. We guarantee our lowest posted interest rate for the selected mortgage type and for a 120 day period from the application date to the funding date. If not funded within the 120 day period, the interest rate guarantee expires. "Posted" means the interest rate posted by RBC for its residential mortgages.
2. The lesser of the appraised value or purchase price of your home at the time of application.
3. Subject to credit approval.
4. Total interest paid by the homeowner assuming a constant interest rate of 8% repaid over a 25-year amortization period. The interest rate is calculated semi-annually, not in advance.
5. Default insurance premiums may apply.
6. Calculated, semi-annually not in advance.
7. Over the life of the mortgage, assuming constant interest rate throughout amortization period.
8. Assumes constant interest rate throughout amortization period. Compounded semi-annually, not in advance.
9. Over the life of the mortgage.
10. Monthly payment divided by 2.
11. Monthly payment divided by 4.
12. Calculated assuming a constant interest rate throughout amortization period over the life of the mortgage. Compounded, semi-annually not in advance.
13. Excludes Builder Mortgages and Variable Rate Mortgages.
14. Depending on the terms of your mortgage, this is the amount that could be subject to a prepayment charge.
15.Calculated assuming a constant interest rate throughout amortization period over the life of the mortgage. Compounded half-yearly not in advance.
16. Based on 28.8% annual interest.
17. Based on 7% annual interest.
18. Based on 6% annual interest.
19. Due to provincial legislation in Alberta and Quebec, clients in these provinces are required to go to an RBC Royal Bank Branch or call RBC Royal Bank at 1-800-769-2511 in order to enrol.
20. Calculated assuming a constant interest rate throughout amortization period over the life of the mortgage. Compounded, semi-annually not in advance.
21. Interest rate compounded half-yearly, not in advance. Interest rates are subject to change without notice at any time.
22. The annual percentage rate (APR) is based on a $ 200,000 mortgage for the applicable term assuming a processing fee of $250 (which includes fees associated with determining the value of the property). If there are no cost of borrowing charges, the APR and the interest rate will be the same.
23. Interest rate is compounded monthly, not in advance. This rate may change at any time without notice. Royal Bank of Canada prime rate is an annual variable rate of interest announced by Royal Bank of Canada from time to time as its prime rate.
24. Mortgage Financing 2007: What Now? "(M.A. Milevsky and B. Walker) September 2007". Please note that Dr. Milevsky's full research paper is available in English only.
25. Subject to minimum mortgage amount of $5,000.
26. Cash back is paid on the date the mortgage is advanced. If the mortgage is not advanced, no cash back will be paid. If you choose to break your mortgage commitment for any reason prior to maturity, you will be charged the cash back amount pertaining to the remaining term of the mortgage.
27. Mortgage must have a fixed closed term of 1 to 10 years. Not available for any other mortgage term. Mortgage must be a first ranking residential mortgage. Maximum allowable cash back amount is $20,000. Other conditions apply.
28. For financing less than 65%, no default insurance is required. Default insurance may be required for financing between 65% and 75%. Default insurance is required for financing of 75% to 95%. Default insurance premiums apply. Subject to Royal Bank of Canada lending criteria for residential properties. Some additional conditions apply.
29. Default insurance required for all financing over 80% of appraised value of vacation home and in some cases, depending on the property type and other factors, for financing over 65% of the appraised value of vacation home. Default insurance premiums apply. Mortgages are subject to RBC Royal Bank lending criteria. Some conditions and exceptions apply. Ask for details.
30. Available on residential mortgages, both purchases and re-finances, including the RBC Homeline Plan with a minimum term of three years fixed closed or five-year variable closed. This offer is available from September 1, 2008 until further notice. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. The minimum mortgage amount must be $25,000. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Audit must be completed within 90 days of mortgage advance and submitted within 120 days of mortgage advance for refund. Amount of rebate will be the actual invoiced amount of the home energy audit, up to a maximum amount of $300.
31. The calculation is based on the accuracy and completeness of the data you have entered, is for illustrative and general information purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial or other advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard.
Royal Bank of Canada uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in this calculator, but cannot guarantee that all information is accurate or complete or current at all times. You should speak with one of our mortgage specialists before making a final decision on a mortgage to ensure it meets your overall financial needs.
Royal Bank of Canada does not make any express or implied warranties or representations with respect to any information or results in connection with the calculator. Royal Bank of Canada will not be liable for any losses or damages arising from any errors or omissions in any information or results, or any action or decision made by you in reliance on any information or results.
32. You may be able to access up to 80% of the equity that you have built up in your home less any outstanding mortgages.
33. Mortgage Default Insurance fees apply.
34. Subject to credit approval. Default insurance premiums may apply.
35. As measured by assets and market capitalization.
36. Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brands 2010.
37. Royal Bank of Canada prime rate is an annual variable rate of interest announced by Royal Bank of Canada from time to time as its prime rate and is subject to change at any time without notice.
38. Retail Banker International Awards, 2012.