Apply Now or Call 1-800-769-2511
Skip Breadcrumb Links
Personal Banking > Bank Accounts > Transfer to RBC
Transfer to RBC with CustomSwitch®
Switching to RBC Royal Bank® has never been so easy.
CustomSwitch® is a free(1) service program that provides you with a convenient and hassle-free way to transfer your pre-authorized transactions and bank accounts to RBC Royal Bank from another financial institution.
Benefits of using CustomSwitch:
- Automatically transfers your pre-authorized payments from your old financial institution. For example, debit payments like utility bills, loan payments, Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs), insurance premiums, club memberships, etc.
- Sends automatic notification to your billers so you don't have to complete numerous account change forms.
- Schedules the changes so you can manage your cash flow during the process.
- Sends a request to transfer the balance and close your account at your current financial institution once all changes are completed.
Visit your local branch to provide us with your details and authorization. We will complete and forward the CustomSwitch authorization form to the RBC Royal Bank CustomSwitch Centre on your behalf.
Provide your biller information by choosing one of the following options:
- Input information in RBC Online Banking. Under the “Banking” tab click the “Account services” link in the left-hand navigation bar and then click “Transfer Pre-Authorized Payments.” Then, follow the prompts on-screen to input your pre-authorized payment information.
- Call 1-877-910-9600 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time, Monday to Friday) to reach a representative and give them your pre-authorized information directly.
- Set up an appointment with the RBC CustomSwitch Centre and have a representative call you.
Once everything is finalized, a letter of confirmation will be mailed to you.
Don’t have an RBC bank account yet?
Visit your nearest branch , call 1-800-769-2511 or apply now online.
1) Transfer fees or other fees and charges may apply when transferring your pre-authorized transactions and bank accounts to us. The transferring financial institution or entity may impose these fees or charges. Royal Bank of Canada is not responsible for any such fees or charges and you will be responsible for such fees or charges.