In the same time it takes your child to grow up, you can help make college, university or trade school a reality for them by investing in an RBC Royal Bank® Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP).
- Invest regularly: Just $25 a week can grow to over $50,000* in 18 years.
- Take advantage of free money: Get up to $500 a year in government grants (up to $7,200) to put toward your child’s education.
- Set it and forget it: Automatic contributions into your RBC RESP make it easier to save regularly.
- Expert advice. An RBC® advisor will take the time to understand your goals and recommend the best investment strategy.
- Tax-deferred income. Income earned on RESP investments is not taxed as long as the funds remain in the plan.
- Flexibility. Invest in RBC Funds (including RBC Target Education Funds), savings deposits or Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs) and choose either an individual or family RESP.
Hear what others have to say about RBC RESPs
Catherine Clarke, Moncton, NB: "As a single mom, I found it difficult to save funds for retirement, let alone education for my son. However, because the incentive was so attractive, 20% from the start, I could not pass the opportunity on saving for..."Read More