As a student pursuing a career in healthcare, you want a unique borrowing solution for your personal and professional needs. The Royal Credit Line® for Medical and Dental Students gives you the freedom to borrow what you need, when you need it, with a low interest rate. Worry free financing has never been easier.
Top Reasons To Choose The Royal Credit Line For Students while pursuing a career in Medicine or Dentistry
- The Student Royal Credit Line® of $275,000 gives you the flexible credit limit to meet your borrowing needs
- Top up with an additional $50,0001 unsecured Royal Credit Line® once you complete medical / dental school at a low interest rate of Prime -0.25%
- Get 2 years after graduation and residency before you have to start repaying the principal on your Student Royal Credit Line®, with full access to your credit line during the grace period
- Flexible credit limits* that meet your borrowing needs throughout medical /dental school, residency and fellowship
- Co-signor not required
- Dentistry (DMD or DDS)
- Medicine (MD)
View other programs of study:
Studying outside of Canada? We have solutions to help you pay for school abroad!What You Need to Apply
To apply for the Royal Credit Line for Students you will need to provide:
- Confirmation that you are enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary educational institution
The following can be use as confirmation of enrolment:
- Invoice or receipt of payment for tuition
- Proof of enrolment letter from the Registrar’s Office
- Registered Education Savings Plan Verification of Enrolment Form
- Course schedule
- An estimate of your education costs (including tuition, supplies, fees, accommodations, food, travel, etc.) Get started with our Student Budget Calculator.
- A list of your financial resources (including RESPs, scholarships/bursaries, government funding, summer employment, etc.)
- Proof that you are a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
Note: Applications are subject to credit approval. If your credit history is limited, or you are studying at an educational institution outside of Canada, a co-signor may be required
Talk To An RBC Healthcare Student Specialist Today
Whether you’re beginning your journey or working as an associate, RBC’s Healthcare Specialists are available to help you throughout every stage of your healthcare professional journey. Find one near you!