© 2012 Royal Bank of Canada.
1) When you use Virtual Visa Debit to make a payment: 1) the funds will be debited from your account. This is the account you access with your RBC Royal Bank Client Card when you select the “Chequing” option on a merchant payment terminal or at an automated teller machine. 2) The merchant performs an authorization on your account at the time of the purchase and the charge is immediately debited from that account. In some cases, merchants may need to adjust the authorization amount. Should this occur, a credit adjustment in the amount of the original authorization will be credited to your account, followed immediately by a debit adjustment that reflects the final transaction amount. Please refer to the RBC Royal Bank Virtual Visa Debit Agreement for further details.
2) To learn more about how we protect you, please visit www.rbc.com/privacysecurity/ca/how-we-protect-you.html .
3) Zero Liability provides protection against unauthorized use of your Virtual Visa Debit Number, provided you have taken reasonable precautions to protect your Reference Card and your Virtual Visa Debit Number, as set out in the RBC Royal Bank Virtual Visa Debit Agreement .
4) You can make online purchases using RBC Virtual Visa Debit from any U.S. and international merchants that accept Visa payments and Canadian online merchants that accept Visa Debit.
5) Payments made using your Virtual Visa Debit Number do not count against the monthly transaction limits applicable to your account. Service fees applicable to transactions made using your RBC Virtual Visa Debit Number are set out in your Client Agreement – Personal Deposit Account or other applicable Account Agreement.