When you use Digital Banking, your money is protected.
All transactions are processed behind our firewalls and we use encryption to securely send data between your device and our servers. Additionally, your personal and financial information is never stored on your device.
RBC Security Guarantee
You are protected by our RBC Security Guarantee: 100% reimbursement for unauthorized transactions in RBC Online & Mobile Banking.
It’s always a good idea to follow safe digital banking practices:
- Don’t share your digital banking passwords with anyone. And never write any of that information down.
- It’s a good idea to protect your device with a lock screen.
- If your device is lost or stolen, your information is still safe. But as a precaution, give us a call and let us know. And you might also want to call your mobile carrier.
- Only download the RBC® Caribbean app from the official Google Play‡ store and App Store.
- Install an antivirus app to protect your device from viruses and malware.
- Don’t respond to internet pop-ups, emails or SMS requests that ask you to provide personal or banking information. We’ll never ask you for this kind of information.
- Only use Wi-Fi services that are well-known or secure and trusted. Anonymous public Wi-Fi can be used to compromise your device.
- Review your statements regularly and report any errors within the time periods set in your account agreement.
- Always sign out of your profile when you’re done using digital banking and don’t leave your device unattended.
- Contact us right away if you notice any suspicious activity.
Digital banking is safe, secure and helps you monitor your own accounts by giving you access to your accounts and transaction information anywhere, anytime you need to know. If you have any questions, please call our Client Contact Centre. Learn more about RBC Privacy & Security.
Android and Apple App Permissions
Mobile banking apps interact with your device's core functions (such as its phone and GPS locator) to provide various services. When you download the RBC Caribbean app, you’ll be asked to accept permissions.
|Permission||Why the RBC Caribbean app needs access|
|Location – Approximate location (network-based), precise location (GPS and network-based)||Used for the Find Us (find a branch or ATM location) service|
|Phone – Directly call phone numbers, read phone status and identity||Used to enable click-to-call under Contact Us|
|Storage – Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage, read the contents of your USBstorage||Used by Maps to cache map data|
|Other – Full network access, receive data from internet, view network connections||Used to connect to the internet|
|Permission||Why the RBC Caribbean needs access|
|Cellular Data||Used to connect to the internet|