Royal Bank of Canada
Bonus Offer - Terms & Conditions
“Bonus Offer”means the amount credited to your Eligible Personal Banking Account, if you have fulfilled all Qualifying Criteria and conditions for the Promotional Offer, as follows:
- If you open an RBC Student Banking® Account or RBC No Limit Banking for Students® Account: $60;
- If you open an RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account®: $25;
“Eligible Personal Banking Account” means any of the following accounts: RBC No Limit Banking for Students® (monthly fee of $10.95), RBC Student Banking® or RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account®;
“Eligible Student Client” means a client who:
- Is a resident of Canada;
- Does not have an existing Personal Banking Account with us; and
- Never had a Personal Banking Account nor qualified for any of our offers related to opening a Personal Banking Account at any time during the Promotional Period or in the three year period before the start of the Promotional Period;
“Open Account By Date” means the date of January 29, 2021 by which you are required to open an Eligible Personal Banking Account in order to qualify for the Promotional Offer;
“Personal Banking Account” means any of the following accounts: RBC Day to Day Banking®, RBC No Limit Banking®, RBC Student Banking®, RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account®, RateLink Preference®, RateLink Essential®, RateLink Essential - Sixty Plus®, Sixty Plus - Signature Plus®, Sixty Plus - Royal Money Maker®, Sixty Plus - Calculator Plus®, RBC VIP Banking®; RBC Signature No Limit Banking, RBC No Limit Banking for Students account;
“Primary Owner” means the person we designate as the primary owner of a joint Personal Banking Account;
“Promotional Offer” means the offer as defined in section 1;
“Promotional Period” means the period starting on September 1, 2020 and ending at 9:00 PM Eastern Time on the Open Account By Date of January 29, 2021.
“Qualifying Criteria” means the conditions set out in section 2 below.
“Qualify By Date” means the date of March 31, 2021 by which you are required to complete the Qualifying Criteria in order to qualify for the Promotional Offer,;
“RBC Employees” mean all our employees and pensioners.
“Terms” mean these terms and conditions that govern this Promotional Offer;
“you” and “your” mean the Eligible Personal Client or Eligible Student Client selected by us to whom we extend the Promotional Offer;
“we”, “us”, “our” and “Royal Bank” mean Royal Bank of Canada or any of its deposit taking subsidiaries.
- The Promotional Offer
Providing you fulfill the conditions set out in Sections 2 and 3 below, you may earn the following:
The Bonus Offer deposited to your Eligible Personal Banking Account
(hereinafter, the “Promotional Offer”)
- How to qualify for the Promotional Offer:
To qualify for this Promotional Offer you must:
- be an Eligible Student Client; and
- open an Eligible Personal Banking Account during the Promotional Period; and
- Complete two (2) of the following by 9:00 PM Eastern Time on the Qualify By Date:
- mobile cheque deposit;
- Interac e-Transfer; or
- any purchase - including those done with RBC Virtual Visa Debit, Interac Flash, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay or with the RBC Wallet.
- No Qualifying Criteria are required to be completed in order to receive the $25 Bonus Offer with the RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account.
- Conditions that apply to the Promotional Offer
The following conditions also apply to this Promotional Offer:
- The Promotional Offer is available to Eligible Student Clients only.
- RBC Employees are not eligible to participate in the Promotional Offer. However, if an RBC Employee is a co-owner on a joint Eligible Personal Banking Account, the Promotional Offer may still be earned, provided the remaining conditions are fulfilled by the other co-owner(s);
- Only one Bonus Offer is available per Eligible Student Client, no matter how many Eligible Personal Banking Accounts you may open during the Promotional Period;
- Only one Bonus Offer is available per Eligible Personal Banking Account, even if the Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened jointly and the Qualifying Criteria are fulfilled by more than one co-owner. In this case, only the co-owner designated as the Primary Owner at the time of opening of the joint Eligible Personal Banking Account will qualify for the Bonus Offer.
- If an Eligible Student Client qualifies for the Promotional Offer and fulfills the Qualifying Criteria (if applicable) and conditions, the Bonus Offer will be credited directly to their Eligible Personal Banking Account within 2 to 8 weeks of completing the Qualifying Criteria (if applicable) (refer to section 2. C for full details of Qualifying Criteria).
- We may follow up with Eligible Student Clients who have opened an Eligible Personal Banking Account during the Promotional Period with a reminder to complete the Qualifying Criteria.
- Your Eligible Personal Banking Account must remain open and in good standing for at least 365 days from the Qualify By Date.
- If you received the Bonus Offer and then downgraded, changed or closed your Eligible Personal Banking Account at any time prior to 365 days from the Qualify By Date, we reserve the right to debit your Eligible Personal Banking Account or any of your accounts with us for the Bonus Offer amount, even if this places you into overdraft. If your Eligible Personal Banking Account is closed and you do not have any other account with us at that time, we will send you an invoice for the amount of the Bonus Offer that was paid to you, which you agree to pay in 30 days.
- You have until May 31, 2021 to notify us if you have not received your Bonus Offer. Any notice received after this date, will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this Promotional Offer.
- If you are not satisfied with your Eligible Personal Banking Account and switch to another account, our Right Account GuaranteeTM may apply, provided you satisfy the underlying conditions. If you benefit from the Right Account Guarantee, we still reserve the right to reverse the Bonus Offer credited to your Eligible Personal Banking Account, as more fully described in sub-section h) above. For the terms and conditions of the Right Account Guarantee, visit http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/deposits/right-account-guarantee.html
- Additional Conditions that apply to all Promotional Offers
- The Promotional Offer and these Terms do not, in any way, affect any of the service fees related to the operation of any of our Personal Banking Accounts, credit card accounts and business banking accounts, which continue to apply.
- The Promotional Offer shall not be combined with any other of our Personal Banking Accounts acquisition offers or promotions.
- We reserve the right to change the Promotional Offer and these Terms at any time. The posting of the current Terms at www.rbc.com/isofferterms60 shall be deemed sufficient notice to you of such Terms and any changes, if required.
- Limitations that apply to all Promotional Offers
- We reserve the right to cancel the Promotional Offer at any time for any reason at our complete discretion without notice.
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the content of any document, brochure or promotional material advertising the Promotional Offer, these Terms shall prevail. You may always view the current Terms by visiting www.rbc.com/isofferterms60 or you may call 1-800-769-2511 1-800-769-2511 to request a current copy.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Promotional Offer to any person or account holder we find or believe to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, integrity or operation of the Promotional Offer, including any person whose overall client relationship with us is in our opinion not in good standing.
®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada
Offer available September 1, 2020 – January 29, 2021 (“Promotional Period”)
This offer is available to any Eligible Student Clients without a Personal Banking Account with Royal Bank of Canada at the beginning of the Promotional Period or in the three year period before the start of the Promotional Period, and who otherwise comply with the Terms of the offer. The Bonus Offer is $60 with an RBC No Limit Banking for Students account (monthly fee of $10.95) or $60 with an RBC Student Banking account ("Eligible Personal Bank Account"). You must open your first new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM EST on January 29, 2021 and complete two of the following Qualifying Criteria by 9:00 PM EST on March 31, 2021 using your Eligible Personal Banking Account: mobile cheque deposit, Interac e-Transfer; or any purchase - including those done with RBC Virtual Visa Debit, Interac Flash, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay or with the RBC Wallet. Qualifying Criteria can be made within RBC Online Banking, the RBC Mobile app or with your RBC Client Card. Transactions made in branch or through the ATM network, as well as bank fee transactions, are not included as a Qualifying Criteria.
The Bonus Offer will be deposited into your Eligible Personal Banking Account within 2 to 8 weeks of completing the Qualifying Criteria, if applicable. Royal Bank of Canada may follow up with Eligible Student Clients to remind them to complete the Qualifying Criteria.
This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other Personal Banking Account offers. Royal Bank of Canada reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time without notice, even after acceptance by you. For Eligible Student Clients who open an RBC No Limit Banking for Students account, the monthly fee waiver component of the Promotional Offer will be provided as an automatic waiver of the account’s standard monthly fee ($10.95) for each of the first twelve (12) months beginning in the month that you open an RBC No Limit Banking for Students Account.
For full details including defined terms visit rbc.com/isofferterms60.
The new RBC Mobile Student Edition in the RBC Mobile app is now available for RBC clients. RBC Mobile is operated by Royal Bank of Canada, RBC Direct Investing Inc. and RBC Dominion Securities Inc. RBC Mobile Student Edition is intended for clients under the age of 22. RBC Canada, RBC Wallet, RBC Rewards and RBC eGift are operated by Royal Bank of Canada.