Royal Bank of Canada
Bonus Offer - Terms & Conditions
“Bonus Offer”means the amount credited to your Eligible Personal Banking Account, if you have fulfilled all Qualifying Criteria and conditions for the Promotional Offer, as follows:
- RBC Advantage Banking account as an Eligible Student Client whose full-time student status is noted on your client profile with us: $60
“Eligible Personal Banking Account” means an RBC Advantage Banking account
“Eligible Student Client” means a client who:
- Resides in Canada
- Does not have an existing Personal Banking Account with us; and
- Never had a Personal Banking Account nor qualified for any of our offers related to opening a Personal Banking Account at any time during the Promotional Period or in the three year period before the start of the Promotional Period;
- Qualifies to open an Eligible Personal Banking Account; and
- Is a full-time student. NOTE: To be considered a full-time student, you must attend a primary or secondary school OR be enrolled in a program at the post-secondary level at a college, university or other educational institution (whether in Canada or not). If you are a post-secondary student, you must take at least 60% of the usual course load for the program in which you are enrolled in any particular semester. Proof of enrollment may be requested at our discretion.
“Open Account By Date” means the date of January 17, 2022 by which you are required to open an Eligible Personal Banking Account as a full-time student in order to qualify for the Promotional Offer;
“Personal Banking Account” means any of the following accounts: RBC Day to Day Banking®, RBC No Limit Banking®, RBC Student Banking®, RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account®, RateLink Preference®, RateLink Essential®, RateLink Essential - Sixty Plus®, Sixty Plus - Signature Plus®, Sixty Plus - Royal Money Maker®, Sixty Plus - Calculator Plus®, RBC VIP Banking®; RBC Signature No Limit Banking, RBC No Limit Banking for Students or RBC Advantage BankingTM
“Primary Owner” means the person we designate as the primary owner of a joint Personal Banking Account;
“Promotional Offer” means the offer as defined in Section 1 of these Terms
“Promotional Period” means the period starting on November 15, 2021 and ending at 9:00 PM Eastern Time on the Open Account By Date of January 17, 2022.
“Qualifying Criteria” means the conditions set out in Section 2 of these Terms.
“Qualify By Date” means the date of March 31, 2022 by which you are required to complete the Qualifying Criteria in order to qualify for the Promotional Offer,;
“RBC Employees” mean all our employees and pensioners.
“Terms” mean these terms and conditions that govern this Promotional Offer;
“you” and “your” mean the Eligible Personal Client or Eligible Student Client selected by us to whom we extend the Promotional Offer;
“we”, “us”, “our” and “Royal Bank” mean Royal Bank of Canada or any of its deposit taking subsidiaries.
- The Promotional Offer
Providing you fulfill the conditions set out in Sections 2 and 3 below by the Qualify By Date, you may earn the following:
The Bonus Offer deposited to your Eligible Personal Banking Account
(hereinafter, the “Promotional Offer”)
- How to qualify for the Promotional Offer:
To qualify for this Promotional Offer you must:
- be an Eligible Student Client; and
- open an Eligible Personal Banking Account during the Promotional Period; and
- Be identified in our systems as a full-time student with an anticipated graduation date; and
- Complete two (2) of the following by the Qualify By Date:
- a minimum of one (1) mobile cheque deposit using the RBC Mobile app
- a minimum of one (1) Interac e-Transfer using RBC Online Banking or the RBC Mobile app;
- a minimum of one purchase transaction completed using any of the following: your RBC Client Card, an RBC Virtual Visa Debit card associated with your Eligible Personal Banking Account, Interac Flash, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay
- Conditions that apply to the Promotional Offer
The following conditions also apply to this Promotional Offer:
- The Promotional Offer is available to Eligible Student Clients only.
- RBC Employees are not eligible to participate in the Promotional Offer. However, if an RBC Employee is a co-owner on a joint Eligible Personal Banking Account, the Promotional Offer may still be earned, provided all conditions noted in these Terms are fulfilled by the other co-owner(s) of the jointly-held Eligible Personal Banking Account who is/are not RBC Employees;
- Only one Promotional Offer is available per Eligible Student Client, no matter how many Eligible Personal Banking Accounts you may open during the Promotional Period;
- Only one Bonus Offer is available per Eligible Personal Banking Account, even if the Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened jointly with another co-owner and the Qualifying Criteria are fulfilled by more than one co-owner. In this case, only the co-owner designated as the Primary Owner at the time of opening of the joint Eligible Personal Banking Account will qualify for the Bonus Offer.
- An Eligible Student Client who qualifies for the Promotional Offer and fulfills the Qualifying Criteria and meets all other conditions of these Terms will receive the Bonus credited directly to their Eligible Personal Banking Account within 2 to 8 weeks of completing the Qualifying Criteria (refer to section 2 for full details of Qualifying Criteria).
- We may, but in no event are we required to, follow up in a manner of our choosing with Eligible Student Clients who have opened an Eligible Personal Banking Account during the Promotional Period with a reminder to complete the Qualifying Criteria before the Qualify By Date.
- Your Eligible Personal Banking Account must remain open and in good standing, and the Qualifying Criteria you met or performed to obtain the Promotional Offer must, as relevant, remain in effect and/or not be reversed for at least 365 days from the Qualify By Date.
- If you receive the Promotional Offer and then downgrade, change or close your Eligible Personal Banking Account, or if you reverse or no longer meet (as applicable) any of the Qualifying Criteria you performed or met to obtain the Promotional Offer, at any time prior to 365 days from the Qualify By Date (including but not limited to by virtue of no longer qualifying for an Eligible Personal Banking Account), we reserve the right to debit your Eligible Personal Banking Account or any of your accounts with us for the value of the Bonus amount, even if this places your account(s) into overdraft. If your Eligible Personal Banking Account is closed and you do not have any other account with us at that time, we may send you an invoice for the equivalent dollar value amount of the Bonus that was credited to you, which amount you agree to pay to us within 30 days of receipt of our invoice.
- From time to time, we may have multiple promotional offers in-market in respect of the same account type(s). If your client profile in our systems indicates that you are a full-time student – whether because you have been deemed as such by us due to your age, or because you have identified yourself as such to us – you will automatically be deemed ineligible and to not qualify for any of our other Personal Banking Account offer(s), and will only be eligible and able to qualify for this Promotional Offer.
- You have until May 31, 2022 to notify us if you believe you have qualified for but not received the Promotional Offer. We may examine your transactions and other account activity in our records to determine whether you have qualified to receive the Promotional Offer. However any notice received after this date, will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this Promotional Offer.
- If you are not satisfied with your Eligible Personal Banking Account and switch to another account, our Right Account GuaranteeTM may apply, provided you satisfy the underlying conditions. If you benefit from the Right Account Guarantee, we still reserve the right to reverse the Promotional Offer credited to your Eligible Personal Banking Account, as more particularly described in Paragraph h of this Section 3, above. For the terms and conditions of the Right Account Guarantee, visit http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/deposits/right-account-guarantee.html
- Additional Conditions that apply to all Promotional Offers
- The Promotional Offer and these Terms do not, in any way, affect any of the service fees or other fees related to the operation of any of our Personal Banking Accounts, credit card accounts and business banking accounts, which continue to apply.
- The Promotional Offer shall not be combined with any other offer or promotion related to our Personal Banking Accounts acquisition offers or promotions.
- We reserve the right to change the Promotional Offer and these Terms at any time. The posting of the current Terms at www.rbc.com/isofferterms60 shall be deemed sufficient notice to you of such Terms and any changes, if required.
- Limitations that apply to all Promotional Offers
- We reserve the right to cancel the Promotional Offer at any time for any reason at our complete discretion without notice.
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the content of any document, brochure or promotional material advertising the Promotional Offer, these Terms shall prevail. You may view the current Terms by visiting www.rbc.com/isofferterms60 or you may call 1-800-769-2511 1-800-769-2511 to request a current copy.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Promotional Offer to any person or account holder we find or believe to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, integrity or operation of the Promotional Offer, including any person whose overall client relationship with us is, in our sole discretion, deemed to be not in good standing.
®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of CanadaFor full details including defined terms visit rbc.com/isofferterms60.