Royal Bank of Canada
2023 $100 RBC Advantage Banking Student Offer - Terms & Conditions
“Bonus Amount” means the amount of $100 credited to the Eligible Personal Banking Account you open as part of your participation in this Promotional Offer, provided you have fulfilled all Qualifying Criteria, and met all terms and conditions for the Promotional Offer.
“Eligible Personal Banking Account” means an RBC Advantage Banking account (standard Monthly Fee of $11.95; $0 with waiver for eligible full-time students, as more particularly described below).
“Eligible Student Client” means a client who:
- Resides in Canada;
- Does not have an existing Personal Banking Account with us;
- Never had a Personal Banking Account nor qualified for any of our offers related to opening a Personal Banking Account at any time during the Promotional Period or in the three-year period before the start of the Promotional Period;
- Is at least 13 years of age (age 14 if you reside in Quebec)
- Qualifies to open an Eligible Personal Banking Account; and
- Is a full-time student.
NOTE: To be considered a full-time student, you must:
NOTE: Proof of enrollment may be requested of any student at our discretion, and students who are 25 years of age and older must provide proof of enrollment.
“Open Account By Date” means the date of May 31, 2023, by which date you are required to open an Eligible Personal Banking Account as a full-time student in order to qualify for the Promotional Offer;
“Personal Banking Account” means any of the following accounts: RBC Day to Day Banking®, RBC No Limit Banking®, RBC Advantage Banking™, RBC Student Banking®, RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account®, RateLink Preference®, RateLink Essential®, RateLink Essential - Sixty Plus®, Sixty Plus - Signature Plus®, Sixty Plus - Royal Money Maker®, Sixty Plus - Calculator Plus®, RBC VIP Banking®, RBC Signature No Limit Banking, RBC No Limit Banking for Students account;
“Primary Owner” means the person we designate as the primary owner of a jointly-held Personal Banking Account;
“Promotional Offer” means the offer as defined in Section 1 of these Terms;
“Promotional Period” means the period starting on February 1, 2023 and ending at 9:00 PM Eastern Time on the Open Account By Date of May 31, 2023;
“Qualifying Criteria” means the conditions set out in Section 2 of these Terms;
“Qualify By Date” means the date of July 31, 2023 at 9:00 PM Eastern Time by which you are required to complete the Qualifying Criteria in order to qualify for the Promotional Offer;
“RBC Employees” mean all our employees and pensioners.
“Terms” mean these terms and conditions that govern this Promotional Offer;
“you” and “your” mean the Eligible Student Client selected by us to whom we extend the Promotional Offer;
“we”, “us”, “our” and “Royal Bank” mean Royal Bank of Canada or any of its deposit taking subsidiaries.
1. The Promotional Offer
Provided you fulfill the conditions set out in Sections 2 and 3 below by the Qualify By Date, you may earn the following:
- The Bonus Amount credited to the Eligible Personal Banking Account that you open in order to qualify for this Promotional Offer
(herein, the “Promotional Offer”).
2. How to qualify for the Promotional Offer:
To qualify for this Promotional Offer you must:
- be an Eligible Student Client; and
- open an Eligible Personal Banking Account before the Open Account By Date; and
- at the time you open your Eligible Personal Banking Account, be identified in our systems as a full-time student with an anticipated graduation date; and
- complete at least one (1) of the following by the Qualify By Date, using your Eligible Personal Banking Account:
NOTE: Qualifying Debit Transactions are defined as Bill Payments or purchase transactions using any of the following: your RBC Client Card, an RBC Virtual Visa Debit card associated with your Eligible Personal Banking Account, Interac Flash, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay. Transactions carried out at an RBC Royal Bank branch or through the RBC Royal Bank ATM network, and bank fee transactions, are not considered qualifying transactions for the purpose of this Section 2 Paragraph d.
NOTE: You must be at least 14 years of age to obtain an RBC Virtual Visa Debit card. As such, option iii. (above) of this Section 2 Paragraph d. is only available to individuals who meet this minimum age requirement; if you are below the age of 14 and participate in this Promotional Offer, you must select one of the other eligible transaction types described.
3. Conditions that apply to the Promotional Offer
The following conditions also apply to this Promotional Offer:
- The Promotional Offer is available to Eligible Student Clients only.
- RBC Employees are not eligible to participate in the Promotional Offer. However, if an RBC Employee is a co-owner on a jointly-held Eligible Personal Banking Account, the Promotional Offer may still be earned, provided all conditions noted in these Terms are fulfilled by the other co-owner(s) of the jointly-held Eligible Personal Banking Account who is/are not RBC Employees;
- Only one Promotional Offer is available per Eligible Student Client, no matter how many Eligible Personal Banking Accounts you may open during the Promotional Period;
- Only one Promotional Offer is available per Eligible Personal Banking Account, even if the Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened jointly with another co-owner and the Qualifying Criteria are fulfilled by more than one co-owner. In this case, only the co-owner designated as the Primary Owner at the time of opening of the jointly-held Eligible Personal Banking Account will qualify for the Promotional Offer.
- The Bonus Amount, if earned, will be credited directly to your Eligible Personal Banking Account within 8 weeks of completing the Qualifying Criteria.
- We may, but in no event are we required to, follow up in a manner of our choosing with Eligible Student Clients who have opened an Eligible Personal Banking Account during the Promotional Period with a reminder to complete the Qualifying Criteria before the Qualify By Date.
- If you received the Bonus Amount and then downgraded, changed or closed your Eligible Personal Banking Account at any time prior to 365 days from the Qualify By Date (including but not limited to by virtue of no longer qualifying for an Eligible Personal Banking Account and/or no longer being a full-time student), we reserve the right to debit your Eligible Personal Banking Account or any of your accounts with us for the value of the account credit amount(s) you received, even if this places your account(s) into overdraft or causes you to exceed an applicable credit limit. If your Eligible Personal Banking Account is closed and you do not have any other account with us at that time, we may send you an invoice for the equivalent dollar value of such amount(s), which amount you agree to pay to us within 30 days of receipt of said invoice.
- You have until October 31 2023 to notify us if you believe you have qualified for but not received the Bonus Amount. We may examine your transactions and other account activity in our records and/or in the records of our service providers to determine whether or not you have qualified to receive the Promotional Offer. However, any notice received after this date will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this Promotional Offer.
- If you are not satisfied with your Eligible Personal Banking Account and switch to another account, our Right Account Guarantee™ may apply, provided you satisfy the underlying conditions. If you benefit from the Right Account Guarantee, we still reserve the right to reverse the value of the Promotional Offer amount, as more fully described in Subsection g above. For the terms and conditions of the Right Account Guarantee, visit http:www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/deposits/right-account-guarantee.html
4. Additional Conditions that apply to all Promotional Offers
- Except as described herein, the Promotional Offer and these Terms do not, in any way, affect any of the standard account fees, service fees or other fees related to the operation of any of our Personal Banking Accounts, credit card accounts, and business banking accounts, which fees continue to apply.
- This Promotional Offer shall not be combined with any other offer or promotion related to our Personal Banking Accounts except as may be permitted under the terms and conditions of such other offer or promotion (if applicable).
- We reserve the right to change the Promotional Offer and these Terms at any time. The posting of the current Terms at rbc.com/offerterms100 shall be deemed sufficient notice to you of such Terms and any changes, if required.
5. Limitations that apply to all Promotional Offers
- We reserve the right to cancel the Promotional Offer at any time for any reason at our complete discretion without notice.
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the content of any document, brochure or promotional material advertising the Promotional Offer, these Terms shall prevail. You may always view the current Terms by visiting rbc.com/offerterms100 or you may call 1-800-769-2511 to request a current copy.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Promotional Offer to any person or account holder we find or believe to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, integrity or operation of the Promotional Offer, including any person whose overall client relationship with us is in our opinion not in good standing.
®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada