RBC Direct Investing® Cash Plus Trades Offer - Terms and Conditions
The 'Cash Plus Trades' offer (the 'Offer') is available to Canadian residents only, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Offer Period
To qualify, the following conditions must be met:
- Open a new RBC Direct Investing account ('Eligible Account') using a qualifying offer code ('Offer Code') between January 6, 2021 and March 31, 2021 inclusive ('Offer Period').
- Transfer or deposit a minimum of $5,000 CDN cash and/or securities ('Transferred Assets') between January 6, 2021 and May 31, 2021 inclusive. Cash and securities received after May 31, 2021 are not eligible for the Offer;
- Your cash back amount will be determined on August 31, 2021 based on the Transferred Assets in all of your RBC Direct Investing accounts less any withdrawals ('Net Transferred Assets') from any RBC Direct Investing account between January 6, 2021 and August 31, 2021;
- Cash back will be paid into your Eligible Account on or about September 24, 2021.
2. Transferred Assets
- Transfer or deposit the Transferred Assets by May 31, 2021 and hold until August 31, 2021. Withdrawals from any RBC Direct Investing account between January 6, 2021 and August 31, 2021 will be deducted from the Transferred Assets to determine the Net Transferred Asset value on which your cash back is based;
- The value of Transferred Assets and any withdrawals will be determined in Canadian dollars based on end of day valuation on the transfer-in date by RBC Direct Investing in its sole discretion. US dollars will be converted at RBC Direct Investing prescribed rates in effect at transfer in date;
- Securities not listed on a marketplace recognized by RBC Direct Investing will not qualify as Transferred Assets;
- The Transferred Assets must not originate from any investment account held at RBC affiliates, including but not limited to Royal Bank of Canada, RBC Direct Investing, RBC InvestEase, RBC Dominion Securities, PH&N Investment Services, RBC PH&N Investment Counsel ('RBC Affiliate');
- Transfers from a pension plan or any type of share purchase or incentive plan offered to RBC employees including but not limited to Royal Employee Savings and Share Ownership Plan (RESSOP), DSSP and RBC pension plans are specifically excluded from this Offer;
- RBC Direct Investing will recognize Transferred Assets in your account as of May 31, 2021 and is not responsible for transfers that are not initiated or received and completed by May 31, 2021.
3. Net Transferred Assets
The cash back will be paid in Canadian dollars into your non-registered Investment Account. If you do not have a non-registered account, the cash back will be deposited to your Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA), followed by your Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) then your LIRA, RIF, LIF or RESP. The cash back is based on all Transferred Assets in all of your RBC Direct Investing accounts as of August 31, 2021 less any withdrawals and/or transfers-out from any of your RBC Direct Investing accounts between January 6, 2021 and August 31, 2021. Market fluctuations will not impact the value of Transferred Assets.
The cash back amount is based on Net Transferred Assets in your Eligible Account as of August 31, 2021 as follows:Cash Back Calculation Table:
|Net Transferred Assets $CDN||Cash Rebate $CDN||Plus Free Trades|
|$5,000 - $24,999||$50||10|
|$25,000 - $49,999||$100||10|
|$50,000 - $99,999||$200||10|
|$100,000 - $249,999||$300||10|
|$250K - $499,999||$500||10|
|$500,000 - $999,999||$1,000||10|
Sample Calculation of Cash Back:
An Eligible Account is opened by a Canadian resident on January 6, 2021 and the following transactions occur between the day the account is opened and August 31, 2021:
|Date||Transaction||Amount in $CDN||Transferred Asset/Withdrawal (Y/N)||Impact to Transferred Asset Calculation|
|A||February 5||Transfer from non RBC Affiliate||$250,000||Y||+$250,000|
|B||February 24||Transfer from chequing account||$75,000||Y||+$75,000|
|C||April 28||Transfer from RBC Affiliate||$40,000||N||Not eligible|
|E||July 7||Transfer from your RBC Direct Investing (DI) Cash account to your DI RRSP account||$15,000||N||Transfers between DI accounts don’t count|
|F||July 14||Transfer in from bank account||$50,000||N||After 'fund-by' date|
4. Free Trades
By opening an Eligible Account during the Offer Period and depositing the Transferred Assets into your Eligible Account(s) by May 31, 2021, subject to the terms outlined above, you will receive a rebate of trade commission fees (“Qualifying Commissions”) in up to 10 trades of exchange-listed securities (which includes trades in equities and ETF products and excludes trades in options) placed via the RBC Direct Investing online investing site or the RBC Mobile1 app to be used by August 31, 2021 as set out in the confirmation email you will receive from RBC Direct Investing.
Rebates for Qualifying Commissions will be deposited into your Eligible Account on or about September 24, 2021. All ten free trades must be used before August 31, 2021.
5. Other Terms
- The Offer is non-transferable, and cannot be combined with any other RBC Direct Investing offer or promotion
- In the event that you cease to qualify for the Offer, RBC Direct Investing reserves the right not to pay the cash back;
- Terms and conditions applicable to the Offer are subject to change without notice at the sole and absolute discretion of RBC Direct Investing;
- You will be solely responsible for the payment of any applicable fees, penalties, charges or other amounts associated with or connected to the Offer or with the transfer of any assets to Eligible Account;
- You will be solely responsible for any tax consequences associated with the Offer and/or the transfer of any assets into the Eligible Account;
- You may opt out of the Offer at any time by notifying RBC Direct Investing at 1-800-769-2560.
RBC Direct Investing Inc. and Royal Bank of Canada are separate corporate entities which are affiliated. RBC Direct Investing Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada and is a Member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Royal Bank of Canada and certain of its issuers are related to RBC Direct Investing Inc. RBC Direct Investing Inc. does not provide investment advice or recommendations regarding the purchase or sale of any securities. Investors are responsible for their own investment decisions.
RBC Direct Investing is a business name used by RBC Direct Investing Inc. ® / ™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under licence.
1RBC Mobile is operated by Royal Bank of Canada, RBC Direct Investing Inc. and RBC Dominion Securities Inc. © Royal Bank of Canada 2021.