You can use Online Banking to make payments to other RBC Royal Bank clients.
To use this feature you must have entered your activation code.
Before making a payment to a RBC Royal Bank client, you will need to know the following information about them:
- Account Number - account must be accessible at a bank machine
- Branch Number
- Name - exactly as it appears on their account statement or Client Card. Sometimes the name on a cheque may not match the exact name we have on file
To add another Royal Bank customer to your payee list:
- From the RBC Home page , select "Pay bills and transfer funds"
- Enter an amount that does not exceed your RBC Royal Bank client card daily limit
- Choose the account to debit. The account must be accessible at a bank machine. If your account is not accessible, visit your branch, call us 1 800 769-2511, or send us a secure email by clicking on the 'You have messages' or 'Go to message centre' link at the top of your Online Banking Home page.
- Select "Other RBC Royal Bank Customer" in the "To" box
- Click "Submit"
- Enter the customer's surname, first name, account number and branch number
- Select the "Add to Payee List" checkbox, to save the information for future use
- Click "Confirm"