With Online Banking you can postdate or schedule one or more payments or transfers to be made in the future.
To schedule a payment or transfer:
- From the RBC Home page select "Pay bills & transfer funds".
- On the "Pay bills & transfer funds" screen, fill in the desired transaction information (Amount, From Account, To Account or Payee).
- Select the desired future start date for the scheduled payment(s). This date cannot be today and may be no more than 3 years in the future.
- If you would like to make only one payment, make sure "One Time" is selected. If you would like to make more than one payment, select the "More than Once" option and fill in the required information.
- Select "Continue".
We will advise you of any failed transactions through the Online Banking Secure Message Centre. Funds must be in the account by 6:00 pm the day prior to the transaction date. If you provide us with your email address In Online Banking we will also notify you via email.
- To cancel a same-day bill payment after it has gone through, advise us by telephone at 1 800 769-2511 prior to 6:00 pm your local time.
- Payments to other RBC Royal Bank customers are instantaneous and as such are final and not reversible