Consent to Receive Electronic Delivery of Statements and Notifications for your
Investments with Royal Bank of Canada and Royal Mutual Funds Inc.
The following agreement and consent (this “Consent”) will govern the electronic delivery of Statements and Notifications (each as defined below) to you. You must review this Consent and confirm your acceptance at the bottom.
You consent to the electronic delivery of Statements and Notifications subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Definitions. In this Consent:
“Accounts” means your investment account(s) or registered plan(s) with us within which financial assets (including mutual funds, guaranteed investment certificates and term deposits) are or may be held in accordance with your agreements with us and to which this Consent pertains;
“Message Centre” means Royal Bank of Canada’s online communication centre located in Online Banking where information may be securely communicated between you and us;
“Notifications” means documents that we are required to send you in connection with your Accounts, which may include, without limitation, amendments to any agreements that you have entered into with us, increases in fees and the introduction of new fees applicable to your Accounts;
“Online Banking” means Royal Bank of Canada’s online banking service that you access via Royal Bank of Canada’s Website;
“RMFI” means Royal Mutual Funds Inc.;
“Statements” means statements for Accounts that we may send you or that we are otherwise required to send you; and
“You” and “Your” mean the individual who is enrolled to access Online Banking and who is authorized to act with respect to the Accounts and “we”, “us” and “our” mean Royal Bank of Canada, RMFI, The Royal Trust Company, Royal Trust Corporation of Canada and Royal Bank Mortgage Corporation, as the case may be.
- Consent to Receive Electronic Delivery of Statements and Notifications: You consent to receive Statements and Notifications in electronic form in Online Banking rather than in paper form.
- When Consent Takes Effect: Your consent to electronic Statements and Notifications takes effect immediately, although depending on your Statement date, you may receive one more paper Statement and/or Notification in the mail.
- Electronic Delivery: You acknowledge that:
- Electronic Statements that are currently in your archive of Statements may be accessed through links in Online Banking and links in messages to the Message Centre.
- Notifications may appear on the Statements themselves. All other Notifications will be sent through messages to the Message Centre or through links in Messages to the Message Centre.
- We will notify you when new electronic Statements and certain electronic Notifications are available by sending messages to the Message Centre or through links in messages to the Message Centre.
- In addition to the notification in 4(c) above, if you have provided us with your personal email address in Online Banking, an email will also be sent to you advising that your electronic Statement is available. If you prefer not to receive these email notifications, you can change your email preferences in Online Banking. Remember that email is not secure or reliable, and may not be received by you in a timely manner or at all.
- Document Options: You can change your preference from electronic to paper Statements and Notifications for the Accounts at any time by contacting any Royal Bank of Canada branch or Royal Direct at 1-800-769-2511. You can also make this change by clicking on the View and Manage Documents link in Online Banking.
- Contact Information: You will advise us of any changes to your contact information that you have provided in connection with Online Banking.
- Availability: During the time that you have chosen to receive electronic Statements and Notifications, your electronic Statements will be available to you for up to 7 years.
The electronic Notifications and other notices that we send to you through the Message Centre will be available in the Message Centre for up to 90 days from the date we first make them available to you in the Message Centre, unless deleted by you.
It is your responsibility to retain a copy of each Statement and Notification by saving or printing a copy while it is available to view in Online Banking. You can request a paper copy of any Statement that you have received electronically by contacting any Royal Bank of Canada branch or Royal Direct at 1-800-769-2511.
- Technical Requirements: All electronic Statements and some electronic Notifications are presented as PDF files and require you to have Adobe‡ Reader‡ software installed on your computer. We do not own or operate, and are not responsible for, Adobe Reader software.
- Statement and Notification Delivery: A Statement and/or Notification is deemed to be delivered to you on the day that such Statement and/or Notification is made available to you through Online Banking and not on the day that you actually review the Statement and/or Notification. It is your responsibility to monitor Online Banking for Statements and Notifications on a regular basis but in any event, not less than once every thirty (30) days. You understand and agree that we are not responsible to you in any way for any damages or costs incurred as a result of you failing to review Statements and/or Notifications made available to you in Online Banking.
- Review your Electronic Statement: You are required to review your electronic Statement. If you think there is an error, you must contact us within 45 days from the date that your Statement is made available to you through Online Banking or we will consider our records to be correct.
- Provision of Paper: We may provide you with paper Statements and Notifications if we deem it appropriate or if we are unable to provide you with them electronically.
- Changes to this Consent: We may change this Consent by providing you with written or electronic notice, including by providing you with notice (i) in your electronic Statement, (ii) in the Message Centre or elsewhere in Online Banking, or (iii) sent to the email address you last provided via Online Banking or to your mailing address last appearing on our records. If you access Online Banking after the effective date of the change, it will mean that you have agreed and consented to the change.
- Capacity: You represent to us that you have the authority to enter into this Consent with respect to the Accounts, which may include, without limitation, any account opened with us in your name, either individually or jointly with another person, or in your capacity as a trustee, executor, officer or any other authorized representative.
- Automated Service. If applicable, you understand that the services provided hereunder by us in connection with the delivery of electronic Statements and Notifications constitute an “Automated Service”, as such term is defined in the account agreement that you have entered into with RMFI.
- Language: You and we have expressly requested that this Agreement and all related documents, including notices, be drawn up in the English language. Vous et nous avons expressément demandé que ce contrat et tout document y afférent, y compris tout avis, soient rédigés en langue anglaise. (Quebec only / Québec seulement).
- Other Agreements: This Consent applies in addition to any other agreement you have entered into with us.
Please take this opportunity to either print this Consent or save it for future reference. In addition, a copy of this Consent, as amended from time to time, will be available in Online Banking under the “Legal” button in the Web page footer.