Consent to Receive Electronic Delivery of Statements and Notifications for Your Credit Card Account
The following agreement and consent (this “Consent”) will govern the electronic delivery of Statements and Notifications (each as defined below) to you.
You consent to the electronic delivery of your Statements and Notifications subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Definitions. In this Consent:
“Card Account” means an RBC Royal Bank credit card account that we have opened in your name for which you have selected electronic Statements and Notifications as your delivery option;
“Card Information” means important information that is attached to your Statement (similar to the information located on the back of paper Statements);
“Legal Information” means legal and regulatory information delivered with your Statements, including, without limitation, changes to your RBC Royal Bank Credit Card Agreement or pricing changes (similar to inserts enclosed with paper Statements or information provided on Statement themselves);
“Message Centre” means our online communication centre located in Online Banking where information may be securely communicated between you and us;
“Notifications” means Card Information and Legal Information;
“Online Banking” means our online banking service that you access via our Web site;
“Statements” means monthly account statements provided pursuant to your RBC Royal Bank Credit Card Agreement; and
“You” and “Your” mean the individual who is enrolled to access this Online Banking service and who is the primary applicant for the Card Account and “we”, “us” and “our” mean Royal Bank of Canada.
- Consent to Receive Electronic Delivery of Statements and Notifications. You consent to receive Statements and Notifications in electronic form in Online Banking rather than in paper form.
- When Consent Takes Effect. Your consent to electronic Statements and Notifications takes effect immediately, although depending on your Statement date, you may receive one more paper Statement and/or Notification in the mail.
- Electronic Delivery. You acknowledge that:
- Electronic Statements that are currently in your archive of Statements may be accessed through links in Online Banking and links in messages to the Message Centre
- Card Information and certain Legal Information may appear on the Statements themselves. All other Legal Information will be sent through messages to the Message Centre or through links in messages to the Message Centre.
- We will notify you when new electronic Statements and certain electronic Notifications are available by sending messages to the Message Centre.
- In addition to the notification in 4(c) above, you may select to have an email sent to the personal email address you specify in Online Banking advising you that an electronic Statement is available. If you have requested email notification, remember that email is not secure or reliable and may not be received by you in a timely manner or at all.
- Document Options. You can change your preference from electronic to paper Statements and Notifications at any time by contacting any RBC Royal Bank Branch or Royal Direct at 1-800-769-2512. You can also make this change by clicking on the Statement and Notification Options Link in Online Banking.
- Contact Information. You will advise us of any changes to the contact information that you have provided in connection with Online Banking.
- Availability. During the time that you have chosen to receive electronic Statements and Notifications, your electronic Statements will be available to you for up to 7 years as long as your account remains open and you continue to be enrolled in Online Banking.
The electronic Notifications and any other notices that we send to you through the Message Centre will be available in the Message Centre for up to 90 days from the date we first sent them to you in the Message Centre, unless deleted by you.
The electronic Card Information will be available for viewing with your three most recent electronic Statements. If you require Card Information from before that time, please contact us.
It is your responsibility to retain a copy of each Statement and Notification by saving or printing a copy while it is available to view in Online Banking. We can provide you with a paper copy of your Statement at our standard fee.
- Technical Requirements. All electronic Statements and some electronic Notifications are presented as PDF files and you must have Adobe‡ Reader‡ software installed on your computer. We do not own or operate, and are not responsible for, Adobe Reader software.
- Co-Applicant Access to Card Statements. If there is a co-applicant card on your Card Account or one is added later, that co-applicant will be able to see any current or archived electronic Statement from the time they were added to your Card Account, if they have Online Banking as well.
- Review Your Electronic Statement. You are required to review your electronic Statement. If you think there is an error, you must contact us within 30 days of the Statement date or we will consider our records to be correct, except for credits improperly applied to your Card Account.
- Payment. You will no longer be provided with the paper remittance form required to mail a cheque to us. If you choose to pay us by cheque through the mail, please include your account number on the back of the cheque. You can also pay via Online Banking or Telephone Banking, at a branch or at an ATM.
- Provision of Paper.We may provide you with paper Statements and Notifications if we deem it appropriate or if we are unable to provide you with them electronically.
- Changes to this Consent.We may change the terms of this Consent by providing you with written or electronic notice, including by providing you with notice (i) in your electronic Statement, (ii) in the Message Centre or elsewhere in Online Banking, or (iii) sent to the email address you last provided via Online Banking or to your mailing address last appearing on our records. If you access Online Banking after the effective date of the change it will mean that you have agreed and consented to the change.
- Language. You and we have expressly requested that this Agreement and all related documents, including notices, be drawn up in the English language. Vous et nous avons expressément demandé que ce contrat et tout document y afférent, y compris tout avis, soient rédigés en langue anglaise.
Please take this opportunity to either print this Consent or save it to your hard drive for future reference. In addition, a copy of this Consent, as amended from time to time, will be available in Online Banking under the "Legal" button in the Web page footer.