Client Card Daily Limits
To help keep your accounts safe, all client cards have daily limits for transactions made outside of a branch. Your maximum daily limits and amounts remaining for ATM withdrawals, purchases, transfers and more – are available in your client card disclosure as well as in RBC Online Banking.
How to view your limits online:
- Sign in to RBC Online Banking
- Go to the “My Services” section where you can find your “Daily Transaction Limits”.
Can I change the withdrawal and purchase limits on my client (bank) card?
Yes. In online banking, you can temporarily change your daily ATM cash withdrawal limit as well as your daily in-store purchase limit. You may be able to temporarily change these limits up to three times per calendar year for a maximum duration of 60 calendar days each time.
To make temporary changes to your daily limits for ATM withdrawals or in store purchases:
- Sign in to RBC Online Banking
- On the Accounts Summary page, select Daily Transaction Limits under My Services, on the right side of the page
- Click Edit Limits above the Daily Transaction Limits table, on the right
- To set your temporary ATM withdrawal or in-store purchase limits, slide the selector right or left to increase or decrease your limit. You can also type your new limit to the nearest multiple of 10 in the box on the right
- Choose your expiry date and click Next
- Review your information and click Confirm
Please note that you can increase and decrease your limits for ATM withdrawals and in-store purchases, but you may only decrease your Third Party Payments.
Below are the definitions of the daily limits that apply to all RBC Royal Bank client cards. Refer to your client card disclosure for your specific access limit amounts.
1) Cash Withdrawal: This is your daily limit for cash withdrawals made through any RBC Royal Bank ATMs, ATMs displaying the Interac‡ or PLUS symbols and any other banking machine networks to which RBC Royal Bank may belong. Where withdrawals are in a foreign currency, the Canadian dollar equivalent (established by RBC Royal Bank at the time of withdrawal) will be used in determining whether the withdrawal meets or exceeds your daily limit.
2) Instantly Available Funds: This is the daily amount from deposits you make at any RBC Royal Bank ATM or through RBC Royal Bank Mobile Banking that is immediately available for transfer to other accounts, or to make bill payments, third party payments, purchases or cash withdrawals. Regardless of your release amount, you may not exceed any of your other daily limits.
3) Bill Payment: This is your limit for bills accepted through RBC Royal Bank ATMs, Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Telephone Banking services. No single payment may exceed this limit.
4) Point of Sale Purchase: This is your daily limit available for purchases made with your Client Card or have loaded onto a mobile wallet.
5) Third Party Payments: This is your combined daily limit available for payments or fund transfers made to: (i) other RBC Royal Bank clients through Telephone Banking, Online Banking and Mobile Banking; (ii) RBC Royal Bank clients or clients of other Canadian financial institutions through Online and Mobile Banking using the INTERAC e-Transfer‡ service; (iii) merchants through Online Banking using the INTERAC Online service; and/or (iv) for Gift Card purchases made through Mobile Banking.
Deposit: Deposits of up to $500,000 can be made to your deposit accounts through RBC Royal Bank ATMs or through Mobile Banking. Items deposited at ATMs or through Mobile Banking are subject to verification and may not be available for up to 5 business days or any shorter period required by law. Immediate funds are available up to your release amount. Postdated cheques are not negotiable when deposited at ATMs or banking machines and may be returned, causing a delay in receiving credit.
Transfer: Transfers from your deposit accounts can be made through RBC Royal Bank ATMs, Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Telephone Banking services. Transfers are limited to the available balance in your Account.
Bill Payment: $99,999 is the limit for bills accepted through RBC Royal Bank ATMs, Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Telephone Banking services. No single payment may exceed this limit.