Privacy Statement - Shopping By RBC
This Privacy Statement supplements the terms of the Shopping by RBC service offered by Royal Bank of Canada and outlines how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
The collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is governed by:
- (i) the Privacy section(s) in your other agreement(s) with us;
- (ii) this Privacy Statement; and
- (iii) our Global Privacy Notice and Digital Channel Privacy (available at https://www.rbc.com/privacysecurity/).
Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to modify or replace any terms of any other agreement(s) you may have with us. If there is any inconsistency between this Privacy Statement and either the Privacy section(s) in your other agreement(s) with us, our Global Privacy Notice or our Digital Channel Privacy, the terms of this Privacy Statement shall apply solely with respect to your use of the Shopping by RBC service.
Collecting Information About You
We will collect information about you and your use of the Shopping by RBC service such as:
- (i) Personal information like your name, email address and phone number, and any other information you provide to us.
- (ii) Information for providing the Shopping by RBC service, such as offers loaded through RBC Offers outside the Shopping by RBC service and cash back earned through RBC Offers outside the Shopping by RBC service.
- (iii) Information about transactions you have completed using an RBC debit or credit card.
- (iv) Information about transactions you complete using the Shopping by RBC service.
- (v) Information about how you interact with the Shopping by RBC service, such as search queries, offers loaded, offers received and URLs accessed within Shopping by RBC.
Using Information About You
We will use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- (i) To provide the Shopping by RBC service, including for Personalization (as defined below).
Sharing Information About You
We may share the information about you, for these purposes, with our service providers and other RBC companies.
Other Important Information
When you sign up for the Shopping by RBC service, we will use your RBC debit and credit card transaction history we have and information from your use of the service (such as your search queries, offers that you load and receive, and URLs accessed within Shopping by RBC) to personalize your experience by presenting you with tailored offers, recommendations and marketing (Personalization).
Personalization is an integral part of the service. The content presented to you may differ from other users as a result of the Personalization. All offers may not be presented to all users. If you do wish to consent to Personalization, do not accept the Shopping by RBC Terms. If you have already accepted the Shopping by RBC Terms and wish to revoke your consent to Personalization, you can use the toggle within the RBC Launch app to disable your access to the Shopping by RBC service.
The Shopping by RBC service may include offers from merchants participating in the RBC Offers program. Access to the RBC Offers program is dependent on certain account preferences you have set. If you have previously asked us not to use your personal information to identify offers that may be relevant to you, we will not display offers from RBC Offers merchants within the Shopping by RBC service. If you would like to change these account preferences, please contact 1-800-769-2511 or visit an RBC Royal Bank branch and ask to have your client preferences updated to receive marketing communications on products and services.
For more information about the RBC Offers program, please see the RBC Offers page in your Online Banking or visit https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/rbcoffers/.
Our Privacy Policies
You may obtain more information about our privacy policies by reviewing our Global Privacy Notice and Digital Channel Privacy (available at www.rbc.com/privacysecurity), which form part of this Privacy Statement.