Royal Bank of Canada
SPRING 2019 Eligible Personal Banking Account Campaign -
Terms & Conditions
Attention Group Advantage Clients: If you are employed by a company that has entered into an RBC Group Advantage agreement with us and has an active RBC Group Advantage plan (including Group Savings, Group Banking and Mortgage Assistance Program), then these terms and conditions do not apply to you. To see the terms and conditions that apply to Group Advantage clients, please visit rbc.com/groupterms;
“Eligible Personal Banking Account” means the RBC Day to Day Banking® account (monthly fee of $4)
“Eligible Personal Client” means a client who:
- Is a resident of Canada and is of the age of majority in the province in which they reside as of the date the Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened. Residence is determined by the jurisdiction (province or territory) where a person has their primary tax filing obligation based on their regular place of residence; and
- Does not have an existing Personal Banking Account with us.
- Does not have an existing RBC Bank U.S. bank account
“Personal Banking Account” means any of the following accounts: RBC Day to Day Banking®, RBC No Limit Banking®, RBC Student Banking®, RateLink Preference®, RateLink Essential®, RateLink Essential - Sixty Plus®, Sixty Plus - Signature Plus®, Sixty Plus - Royal Money Maker®, Sixty Plus - Calculator Plus®, RBC VIP Banking®; RBC Signature No Limit Banking, RBC No Limit Banking for Students account;
“Promotional Offer” means the offer as defined in section 1;
“Promotional Period” means the period starting on May 21, 2019 and ending at 9:00 PM EST on October 31, 2019;
“Qualifying Criteria” means the conditions set out in section 2 below;
“RBC Employees” mean all our employees and pensioners;
“Terms” mean these terms and conditions that govern this Promotional Offer;
“you” and “your” mean any Eligible Personal Client;
“we”, “us”, “our” and “Royal Bank” mean Royal Bank of Canada or any of its deposit taking subsidiaries.
“RBC Bank Cross-border banking bundle” means the following: an RBC Bank U.S. Direct Checking account with an application for an RBC Bank U.S. credit card.
- The Promotional Offer
Providing you fulfill the Qualifying Criteria in Section 2 and the conditions set out in Section 3 below, you will receive:
Monthly fee of the Eligible Personal Banking Account will be waived for the first twelve (12) months upon account opening. Monthly fee is $4. Other account transaction fees may apply. Monthly fee waiver for the first twelve months may be replaced with any in-market offer that applies to the RBC Day to Day Banking account. After the Monthly Fee has been waived for 12 months, the Eligible Personal Banking Account’s Monthly Fee will start being charged.
If an Eligible Personal Clients gets an RBC Bank Cross-border banking bundle during the Promotional Period we will waive the RBC Bank U.S. Direct Checking account monthly or annual fee for 1 year from account opening. The monthly fee is $3.95 USD, or the annual fee is $39.50 USD. All other checking account fees apply. If a client applies for a RBC Bank Visa Signature Black Plus credit card, the annual fee of the credit card is not waived.
- How to qualify for the Promotional Offer:
To qualify for this Promotional Offer you must:
- be an Eligible Personal Client;
- open an RBC Bank U.S. Direct Checking Account and apply for an RBC Bank U.S. credit card during the Promotional Period via in branch or Advice Centre;
- open an Eligible Personal Banking Account during the Promotional Period via in branch or Advice centre.
- Conditions that apply to the Promotional Offer
The following conditions also apply to this Promotional Offer:
- Only one Promotional Offer is available per Eligible Personal Client, no matter how many Eligible Personal Banking Accounts you may open during the Promotional Period;
- RBC Employees are not eligible to participate in the Promotional Offer. However, if an RBC Employee is a co-owner on a joint Eligible Personal Banking Account, the Promotional Offer may still be earned, provided the remaining conditions are fulfilled by the other co-owner(s);
- While we reserve the right to substitute the Promotional Offer with an offer of equal value, we are not obligated to do so;
- Eligible Personal Clients are not entitled to a change, upgrade or substitution of the Promotional Offer.
- Additional Conditions that apply to all Promotional Offers
- The Promotional Offer and these Terms do not, in any way, affect any of the service fees related to the operation of any of our personal deposit accounts, credit card accounts and business banking accounts, which continue to apply.
- The Promotional Offer shall not be combined with any other personal banking account acquisition offer or promotion.
- We reserve the right to change the Promotional Offer and these Terms at any time. The posting of the current Terms at http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/dms/cross-border-banking/_assets-custom/includes/terms-and-conditions.html shall be deemed sufficient notice to you of such Terms and any changes, if required.
- Limitations that apply to all Promotional Offers
- We reserve the right to cancel the Promotional Offer at any time for any reason at our complete discretion without notice.
- The booklet entitled “RBC Royal Bank Disclosures and Agreements related to Personal Deposit Accounts” (the “Booklet”) applies to all personal deposit accounts, including the Personal Banking Accounts and Eligible Personal Banking Account. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the Booklet or the content of any document, brochure or promotional material advertising the Promotional Offer, these Terms shall prevail. You may always view the current Terms by visiting http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/dms/cross-border-banking/_assets-custom/includes/terms-and-conditions.html or you may call 1-800-769-2511 to request a current copy.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Promotional Offer to any person or account holder we find or believe to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, integrity or operation of the Promotional Offer, including any person whose overall client relationship with us is in our opinion not in good standing.
®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada
RBC Bank means RBC Bank (Georgia), N.A., a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada.