Royal Bank of Canada
Winter 2022 AirPods Pro Offer
Terms & Conditions
Attention Group Advantage Clients: If you are employed by a company that has entered into an RBC Group Advantage agreement with us and has an active RBC Group Advantage plan (including Group Savings, Group Banking and Mortgage Assistance Program), then these terms and conditions do not apply to you. To see the terms and conditions that apply to Group Advantage clients, please visit rbc.com/groupterms;
“Eligible Personal Banking Account” means any of the following accounts:
- RBC Signature No Limit Banking® (monthly fee of $16.95);or
- RBC VIP Banking® (monthly fee of $30).
“Eligible Personal Client” means a client who meets all the following criteria:
- Is a resident of Canada, and by February 28, 2023 is of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside. Residence is determined by the jurisdiction (province or territory) where a client has their primary tax filing obligation based on their regular place of residence;
- Does not have an existing Personal Banking Account with us;
- Never had a Personal Banking Account with us, nor qualified for any of our offers related to opening a Personal Banking Account at any time during the Promotional Period or in the five year period before the start of the Promotional Period; and
- Has a valid deliverable email address associated to their client profile with us by February 28, 2023. (Note: It is your sole responsibility to keep your email address with us current by updating it in RBC Online Banking, contacting the RBC Royal Bank Advice Centre, or visiting an RBC Royal Bank Branch.)
“Personal Banking Account” means any of the following accounts: RBC Day to Day Banking®, RBC No Limit Banking, RBC Advantage Banking™, RBC Student Banking®, RateLink Preference®, RateLink Essential®, RateLink Essential - Sixty Plus®, Sixty Plus - Signature Plus®, Sixty Plus - Royal Money Maker®, Sixty Plus - Calculator Plus®, RBC VIP Banking®; RBC Signature No Limit Banking, RBC No Limit Banking for Students account;
“Primary Owner” means the person we designate as the primary owner of a jointly-held Personal Banking Account;
“Promotional Offer” means the offer as defined in Section 1;
“Promotional Period” means the period starting on November 1, 2022 and ending at 9:00 PM EST on February 28, 2023;
“Qualifying Criteria” means the conditions set out in Section 2 below.
“RBC Employees” mean all our employees and pensioners.
“Terms” mean these terms and conditions that govern this Promotional Offer;
“you” and “your” mean any Eligible Personal Client;
“we”, “us”, “our” and “Royal Bank” mean Royal Bank of Canada or any of its deposit taking subsidiaries.
The Promotional Offer
Provided you fulfill the Qualifying Criteria in Section 2 and the conditions set out in Section 3 below, you may elect to receive the following (subject to availability at time of selection; see additional terms and conditions below):
Apple AirPods Pro 2nd Generation (Model # MQD83AM/A each such item individually referred to as the “Reward”).
How to qualify for the Promotional Offer:
To qualify for this Promotional Offer you must:
- Be an Eligible Personal Client
- Open an Eligible Personal Banking Account during the Promotional Period; and;
Complete at least two of the following by 9:00 PM Eastern Time May 11, 2023:
- Transfer the full amount of your automated and recurring payroll direct deposit or monthly recurring pension direct deposit to your new Eligible Personal Banking Account. For greater certainty, this means that you will not qualify if you split your payroll deposit from one employer or pension deposit from one provider between your new Eligible Personal Banking Account and any other account. We reserve the right to determine what is considered payroll and whether any payroll deposit has been split. The first payroll or pension deposit must also be credited to your new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM Eastern Time May 11, 2023.
- Set up two (2) Pre-Authorized Monthly Payments (“PAPs”) – such as a pre-authorized eligible bill payment to a service provider (i.e. utility bill, gym membership) or pre-authorized payment to an RBC mortgage, loan, Royal Credit Line, or contribution to your RBC investment account – from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account. PLEASE NOTE: Any bill payments (pre-authorized or otherwise) made using a Virtual Visalegal bug 1 Debit will not qualify. The first payment of each Pre-Authorized Payments must be debited and must clear from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM Eastern Time May 11, 2023.
- Set up two (2) eligible bill payments to a service provider from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account. PLEASE NOTE: To qualify, eligible bill payments must be completed through RBC Online Banking, the RBC Mobile app, using an RBC ATM, or using Telephone Banking Services. Excludes any bill payment made in-person at an RBC Royal Bank branch with an RBC Advisor, and any bill payment made to an RBC credit card account, and any bill payment made using RBC Virtual Visalegal bug 1 Debit. The eligible bill payments must be debited and must clear from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM Eastern Time May 11, 2023.
Conditions that apply to the Promotional Offer
The following conditions also apply to this Promotional Offer:
- The Promotional Offer is available to Eligible Personal Clients only.
- RBC Employees are not eligible to participate in the Promotional Offer. However, (subject to 3.d. below), if an RBC Employee is a co-owner on a jointly-held Eligible Personal Banking Account, the Promotional Offer may still be earned by another co-owner on the Eligible Personal Banking Account other than the RBC Employee, provided the remaining conditions are fulfilled by the other co-owner(s);
- Only one Reward per Eligible Personal Client, no matter how many Eligible Personal Banking Accounts you may open during the Promotional Period;
- Only one Reward per Eligible Personal Banking Account, even if the Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened jointly and the Qualifying Criteria are fulfilled by more than one co-owner. In this case, only the co-owner designated as the Primary Owner at the time of opening of the joint Eligible Personal Banking Account will qualify for the Promotional Offer.
- The Reward is only available while supplies last. While we reserve the right to substitute the Reward with an offer of equal value, we are not obligated to do so.
- Eligible Personal Clients are not entitled to a change, upgrade or substitution of the Reward upon selection.
- Your Eligible Personal Banking Account must remain open and in good standing, and the Qualifying Criteria you performed to receive the Reward (for example, setting up payroll/pension deposit or pre-authorized payments) must remain in effect until at least January 31, 2024.
If you received the Reward and then downgraded, changed or closed your Eligible Personal Banking Account or undid any of the Qualifying Criteria you performed to receive the Reward (for example, cancelled a payroll/pension deposit or pre-authorized payment) at any time prior to January 31, 2024, we reserve the right to debit your Eligible Personal Banking Account or any of your accounts with us for the value of the Reward you selected, as described in the table below, plus applicable taxes, even if this places your account into overdraft or causes you to exceed your account’s credit limit, as relevant. If your Eligible Personal Banking Account is closed and you do not have any other account with us at that time, we will send you an invoice for the value of the Reward you selected, as described in the table below plus applicable taxes, which you agree to pay within 30 days from the date of receipt, which shall be deemed to be 5 business days from its postmark date.
Reward Table Reward Model Value (after any initial payment) Apple AirPods Pro 2nd Generation MQD83AM/A $ 329.00 Reward Table Reward Model Value (after any initial payment) Apple AirPods Pro 2nd Generation MQD83AM/A $ 329.00
- In order to select and receive the Reward, you must have a valid deliverable email address associated to your client profile with us by February 28, 2023. It is your sole responsibility to keep your email address with us current by updating it in RBC Online Banking, contacting the RBC Royal Bank Advice Centre, or visiting an RBC Royal Bank Branch;
- Starting December 19, 2022, we will notify you – by way of an email sent to the email address you have provided to us – when you have fulfilled the Qualifying Criteria and qualified for the Promotional Offer. This message will be sent at any time up to ten business days after we have determined that all Qualifying Criteria have been completed by you. The email message will contain a secure link that will permit you to visit a secure online store where you can select your Reward and confirm an address for delivery, as well as any other shipping details;
- If you believe you have qualified for the Promotional Offer but have not received the email described immediately above informing you of your qualification, you have until May 24, 2023 to inform us accordingly, so that we may check whether you have indeed qualified for the Promotional Offer. Any notice received after this date, will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this Promotional Offer;
- You have until June 23, 2023 to use the secure link provided in the email informing you of your qualification for the Promotional Offer and to select your Reward. Any attempt to use the link after this date will not be accepted and you will be deemed to have forfeited the Promotional Offer and any entitlement to the Reward;
- We will ship the Reward to the address you provide when you selected the Reward, as long as it is an address with a civic number and street name and is located in Canada. We will not ship to any post office box (P.O. Box);
- We may send you an email notification informing you that your Reward has been shipped and/or providing you with a tracking number. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current. If a tracking number has been provided, it is your responsibility to track and make any arrangements necessary to receive delivery of the Reward;
- A receipt or other record (e.g., by the carrier) of delivery at the address you provided when you selected your Reward, will be sufficient evidence of your receipt of the Reward, regardless of whether the signature on the receipt corresponds to a signature that appears in our records for the Eligible Personal Banking Account.
- We are not responsible for any failure, malfunction or defect in the Reward itself, nor for any services related to it. Any complaint, enquiry, or communication related to any failure, malfunction or defect in the Reward, as well as any services related to it, should be addressed directly to the Reward’s manufacturer.
- The Promotional Offer is only available to individuals who, prior to February 28, 2023, have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, and who have met all other criteria to be considered an Eligible Personal Client. If the age of majority is reached between November 1, 2022 and February 28, 2023, but all other Qualifying Criteria are otherwise met prior to May 11, 2023, the email referred to in 3.j. above will be sent following the date on which the age of majority is reached, only upon the occurrence of which will the individual be considered an Eligible Personal Client capable of qualifying for the Promotional Offer.
Additional Conditions that apply to all Promotional Offers
- The Promotional Offer and these Terms do not, in any way, affect any of the service fees related to the operation of any of our personal deposit accounts, credit card accounts and business banking accounts, which continue to apply.
- The Promotional Offer shall not be combined with any other of our Personal Banking Accounts offers or promotions, except as may be permitted in accordance with the terms and conditions of offers or promotions by RBC that are applicable to Newcomers (which term shall have the meaning given to it under the terms and conditions of the applicable offer(s)) or promotions applicable to individuals 55 years of age or older. For more information, visit https://www.rbc.com/newcomers/what-we-offer.html
- We reserve the right to change the Promotional Offer and these Terms at any time. The posting of the current Terms at rbc.com/appoffer shall be deemed sufficient notice to you of such Terms and any changes, if required.
Limitations that apply to all Promotional Offers
- We reserve the right to cancel the Promotional Offer at any time for any reason at our complete discretion without notice.
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the content of any document, brochure or promotional material advertising the Promotional Offer, these Terms shall prevail. You may always view the current Terms by visiting rbc.com/appoffer or you may call 1-800-769-2511 to request a current copy.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Promotional Offer to any person or account holder we find or believe to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, integrity or operation of the Promotional Offer, including any person whose overall client relationship with us is in our opinion not in good standing.
®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada
1 All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.