Royal Bank of Canada
Fall 2020 Eligible Personal Banking Account Campaign -
Terms & Conditions
Attention Group Advantage Clients: If you are employed by a company that has entered into an RBC Group Advantage agreement with us and has an active RBC Group Advantage plan (including Group Savings, Group Banking and Mortgage Assistance Program), then these terms and conditions do not apply to you. To see the terms and conditions that apply to Group Advantage clients, please visit rbc.com/groupterms ;
“Eligible Personal Banking Account” means either of the following accounts: RBC Signature No Limit Banking® (monthly fee of $15.95) or RBC VIP Banking® (monthly fee of $30)
“Eligible Personal Client” means a client who:
- By March 15, 2021 is a resident of Canada and of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside. Residence is determined by the jurisdiction (province or territory) where a client has their primary tax filing obligation based on their regular place of residence;
- Does not have an existing Personal Banking Account with RBC; and
- Never had a Personal Banking Account nor qualified for any other RBC offer related to opening a Personal Banking Account at any time during the Promotional Period or in the five year period before the start of the Promotional Period;
“Personal Banking Account” means any of the following accounts: RBC Day to Day Banking®, RBC No Limit Banking®, RBC Student Banking®, RateLink Preference®, RateLink Essential®, RateLink Essential - Sixty Plus®, Sixty Plus - Signature Plus®, Sixty Plus - Royal Money Maker®, Sixty Plus - Calculator Plus®, RBC VIP Banking®; RBC Signature No Limit Banking, RBC No Limit Banking for Students account;
“Primary Owner” means the person we designate as the primary owner of a jointly owned Personal Banking Account;
“Promotional Offer” means the offer as defined in Section 1 of PART B, below;
“Promotional Period” means the period starting on September 21, 2020 and ending at 9:00 PM ET on February 1, 2021;
“Qualifying Criteria” means the conditions set out in Section 2 of PART B below;
“RBC Employees” means all our employees and pensioners;
“Terms” means these terms and conditions that govern this Promotional Offer;
“you” and “your” means any Eligible Personal Client; and
“we”, “us”, “our”, “RBC” and “Royal Bank” means Royal Bank of Canada or any of its deposit taking subsidiaries.
1. The Promotional Offer:
Provided you fulfill the Qualifying Criteria in Section 2 and the conditions set out in Section 3 below, you may elect to receive one of the following:
- Complimentary iPad, 32GB, Model # MYLA2VC/A (Silver); MYLC2VC/A (Gold); or MYL92VC/A (Space Grey); (iPad)
2. Qualifying Criteria:
To qualify for this Promotional Offer you must:
- be an Eligible Personal Client
- open an Eligible Personal Banking Account during the Promotional Period; and;
- complete two of the following by 9:00 PM Eastern Time March 15, 2021:
- Transfer the full amount of your automated and recurring payroll direct deposit or monthly recurring pension direct deposit to your new Eligible Personal Banking Account. To qualify, you may not split your payroll deposit from one employer or pension deposit from one provider between the Eligible Personal Banking Account and any other account. We reserve the right to determine what is considered payroll and whether the payroll deposit has been split. The first payroll or pension deposit must also be credited to your new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM Eastern Time March 15, 2021.
- Set up at least two (2) Pre-Authorized Monthly Payments (“PAPs”), such as a pre-authorized bill payment to a service provider (e.g., utility bill, gym membership) or pre-authorized payment to an RBC mortgage, loan, Royal Credit Line or contribution to your RBC investment account, from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account. The first payment of both Pre-Authorized Payments must be debited and must clear from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM Eastern Time March 15, 2021.
- Set up at least two (2) bill payments to a service provider (e.g., utility bill, cable, etc.) in RBC Online Banking, and/or in the RBC Mobile® app from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account. The bill payments must be debited and must clear from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM Eastern Time March 15, 2021.
3. Conditions that apply to the Promotional Offer:
The following conditions also apply to this Promotional Offer:
- The Promotional Offer is available to Eligible Personal Clients only.
- RBC Employees are not eligible to participate in the Promotional Offer. However, if an RBC Employee is a co-owner on a jointly held Eligible Personal Banking Account, the Reward may still be earned, provided the remaining conditions of the Promotional Offer are fulfilled by another co-owner who is an Eligible Personal Client and meets all applicable criteria of the Promotional Offer;
- Only one Reward per Eligible Personal Client, no matter how many Eligible Personal Banking Accounts you may open during the Promotional Period;
- Only one Reward per Eligible Personal Banking Account, even if the Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened jointly and the Qualifying Criteria are fulfilled by more than one co-owner. In this case, only the co-owner designated as the Primary Owner, unless the Primary Owner is an employee of RBC, at the time of opening of the jointly held Eligible Personal Banking Account will been deemed to have qualified for the Promotional Offer;
- The Promotional Offer is only available while supplies last. While we reserve the right to substitute the Promotional Offer with an offer of equal or greater value, we are not obligated to do so;
- Eligible Personal Clients are not entitled to a change, upgrade or substitution of the Promotional Offer;
- Your Eligible Personal Banking Account must remain open and in good standing, and the Qualifying Criteria you performed to get the Reward (such as payroll/pension deposit, pre-authorized payments) must remain in effect at least until January 31, 2022;
- If you received the Reward and then downgraded, changed or closed your Eligible Personal Banking Account or undid any of the Qualifying Criteria you performed to get the Reward, such as cancelled any payroll/pension deposit, pre-authorized payment, at any time before January 31, 2022, we reserve the right to debit your Eligible Personal Banking Account or any of your accounts with RBC for the value of the Reward you selected as described in the table below, plus applicable taxes, even if this places you into overdraft. If your Eligible Personal Banking Account is closed and you do not have any other account with us at that time, we will send you an invoice for the value of the Reward you selected, as described in the table below plus applicable taxes, which invoice you agree to pay within 30 days of its postmark date;
Reward Table Reward Model Value (after any initial payment) iPad (32 GB) MYLA2VC/A,
- In order to select and receive a Reward, you must enroll in our Online Banking service;
- Beginning November 2, 2020, we will notify you by way of message to your Online Banking Message Centre, when you have fulfilled the Qualifying Criteria and qualified to receive the Reward. This message will be sent at any time up to two business days after all Qualifying Criteria have been completed. The message will contain a secure link that will permit you to visit a secure online platform store where you can select your Reward from among the options described above and confirm an address for delivery, as well as any other shipping details;
- If you believe you have qualified for the Promotional Offer but have not received a message to your Online Banking Message Centre informing you of your qualification, you have until April 2, 2021 to let us know. Any notice received after this date, will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this Promotional Offer;
- You have until April 9, 2021 to use the secure link provided in the abovementioned message informing you of your qualification for the Promotional Offer and to select your Reward. Any attempt to use the link after this date will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for this Promotional Offer;
- We will ship the Reward to the address you provided when you selected the Reward, as long as it is an address with a civic number and street name and is located in Canada. We will not ship to any post office box number;
- If you provided an email address when you opened your Eligible Personal Banking Account, we may send you an email notification informing you that your Reward has been shipped and/or providing you with a tracking number. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current with us. Where a tracking number has been provided, it is your responsibility to track and make any necessary arrangements to receive delivery of your Reward;
- A signed receipt of delivery or other proof of delivery at the address you provided when you selected your Reward will be sufficient evidence of your receipt of the Reward, regardless of whether the signature on the receipt corresponds to the signature that appears in our records for the Eligible Personal Banking Account;
- We are not responsible for any failure, malfunction or defect in the Reward itself or for any services related to it. Any failure, malfunction or defect in the Reward, as well as any services related to it, should be addressed directly to the manufacturer;
- If, as described above, you met the Qualifying Criteria, received confirmation thereof from us in your Online Banking Message Centre, and selected your Reward using the secure link provided before the applicable deadlines noted herein, but you did not receive the Reward, you have until April 28, 2021 to inform us that you did not receive the Reward. Should you fail to notify us of your non-receipt of the Reward by this date, you will be deemed to have forfeited your right to the Reward and to have not qualified for this Promotional Offer;
- The Promotional Offer is only available if and once the Eligible Personal Client is of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside. If the Eligible Personal Client has met all other Qualifying Criteria by their required deadlines as described herein, but achieves the age of majority between September 21, 2020 and March 15, 2021, the message to the Online Banking Message Centre confirming their completion of the Qualifying Criteria and providing the secure link at which to select the Reward will only be sent on or after the date on which they so achieve the age of majority.
4. Additional Conditions that apply to all Promotional Offers:
- The Promotional Offer and these Terms do not, in any way, affect any of the service fees related to the operation of any of our personal deposit accounts, credit card accounts and business banking accounts, which continue to apply;
- The Promotional Offer shall not be combined with any other of our Personal Banking Account acquisition offers or promotions - unless otherwise indicated;
- We reserve the right to change the Promotional Offer and these Terms at any time. The posting of the current Terms at www.rbc.com/ipadoffer shall be deemed sufficient notice to you of such Terms and any changes, if required.
5. Limitations that apply to all Promotional Offers:
- We reserve the right to cancel the Promotional Offer at any time for any reason at our complete discretion without notice;
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the content of any document, brochure or promotional material advertising the Promotional Offer, these Terms shall prevail. You may always view the current Terms by visiting www.rbc.com/ipadoffer or you may call 1-800-769-2511 to request a current copy;
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Promotional Offer to any person or account holder we find or believe to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, integrity or operation of the Promotional Offer, including any person whose overall client relationship with us is in our opinion not in good standing.
®/™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada.
Royal Bank of Canada Website, © 1995-2020