Welcome! By answering these 4 quick questions, we will be able to recommend a bank account and credit card that will help you save money and bank easier while staying in the U.S.
When thinking about your total time in the U.S., consider all of your travel during the year. This might include vacations, extended visits, long weekends and business travel.
Consider all of the purchases you make including food, gas, lodging and shopping. Knowing approximately how much you will spend on purchases in the U.S. can help us determine the best solution for your needs.
When spending money in the U.S., your transactions are made in U.S. currency. By understanding the amount of Canadian dollars you expect to convert to U.S. dollars, we can recommend the best solution for you – as some products offer a preferred exchange rate.
If you have recurring bills such as utilities, rent, mortgage or association dues, it’s important to have a bank account that lets you easily make all your U.S. payments.
®/ TM Trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada.
1) The interest rate is an annual interest rate. It is a simple interest calculation. Interest is calculated daily on the closing credit balance and paid monthly. Interest rate is subject to change any time without notice.
2) Fees may apply in other bank accounts to and from which you transfer funds.
3) One free per monthly cycle. $3 USD each thereafter.
4) Fees may apply on the account from which the money has been transferred. Includes RBC Royal Bank, RBC Bank (USA) and RBC Direct InvestingTM accounts in your name only (sole ownership) and those that you share with others (joint ownership). Online transfers are not available for RBC Royal Bank U.S. Dollar Visa Gold cards. Withdrawals in US dollars available at certain RBC ATM's only. See our ATM locator for details.
5) To set up automatic monthly payments to your U.S. Dollar Visa‡ Gold card, please call 1-800-769-2511.
6) RBC Rewards points are earned on net purchases only; they are not earned on cash advances (including RBC Royal Bank credit card cheques, balance transfers, cash-like transactions and bill payments that are not pre-authorized charges that you set up with a merchant), interest charges or fees, and credits for returns and adjustments will reduce or cancel the points earned by the amounts originally charged.
7) All rewards are subject to availability. For complete terms, conditions and restrictions that apply to the RBC Rewards program, please visit: www.rbcrewards.com or call 1-800 ROYAL® 1-2(1-800-769-2512).