There are five prefunding conditions or reasons that could cause your transactions from not being processed. If any of the following five conditions occur, you will be notified through an email alert and it will be reported on your Input Verification & Edit Report.
- Funds are not available in your RBC Royal Bank account
- Your RBC Royal Bank account is closed
- Your RBC Royal Bank account is invalid
- Your RBC Royal Bank account is attached to Consolidated Offset Balance Control configuration (COBC)
- Due to technical problems, we are unable to confirm funds in your RBC Royal Bank account
We will verify every hour on the half hour for availability of funds and if any of the above five conditions have changed. This process is referred to as the “retry process”, which is rechecking that the prefunding conditions have been corrected on your blocked payments. If your file contains “T” level errors, they will need to be corrected before your transactions can be processed.
Other conditions that would trigger email alert notifications:
- Your file is successfully unblocked through the retry process
- Your file is successfully unblocked through your Account Manager’s instructions
- You converted from Prefunding your transactions to using a Daily Limit for processing transactions, and there is a valid Daily Limit capacity
- You converted from Prefunding your transactions to using a Daily Limit for processing transactions, and there is an insufficient Daily Limit capacity
- You converted from processing your transactions from using a Daily Limit to Prefunding
If funds become available and the blocked conditions no longer apply, we will send you an email alert to confirm this. We will also produce a second Input Verification & Edit Report to advise that your file is unblocked. The verification of your payments will continue until the end of the second business day after receiving your file. After which your file will be reported on your File Error Report.