- Use Your Account as Often as You Need
25 free debits each month2, $1.00 thereafter
- Pay Your Friend Back with Interac e-Transfers
- Get credit where credit is due
Up to $39 rebate on the annual fee of an eligible credit card3
- No minimum balance
More Great Features
|Assisted and Self-Serve Transactions||N/A|
|Interac Access Fee at a Non-RBC Royal Bank ATM in Canada||$1.50 each|
|PLUS System Access Fee at a Non-RBC Royal Bank ATM Within Canada and U.S.5||$3.00 each|
|PLUS System Access Fee at a Non-RBC Royal Bank ATM Outside Canada and U.S.6||$5.00 each|
|Cross-Border Debit2, 7, 8||$1.00 each|
Ways to Bank
Manage Your Account Online, Anytime
Check your balances, pay bills, set up alerts, send money and more – whenever you need to.
Take care of your banking from wherever you are, anytime you want.
Take It All to a New Level
Students can make payments with a tap of your smartphone and securely store your cards on your device.
Ways to Apply
Better Banking Gives You More
RBC High Interest eSavings
Grow your savings with a no monthly fee high-interest savings account.
RBC Rewards+ Visa
The card that gives you a choice of rewards with no annual fee.
- i) complete the Student Information section of the credit card application form in full;
- ii) remain a student; and
- iii) are the primary or co-owner of an Eligible Bank Account throughout your studies.
|Eligible Credit Cards||Annual Fee Rebate|
|Signature RBC Rewards® Visa card†||$39|
|WestJet RBC Mastercard‡||$39|
Subject to credit approval
You will continue to benefit from the rebate on your annual fee: i) until you close your Eligible Bank Account, or ii) until the Expected Graduation Year you have provided upon opening your Eligible Bank Account, whichever comes first. Thereafter, you will no longer receive the rebate on the annual fee.
If, for some reason, the Expected Graduation Year you have provided at the time of opening your Eligible Bank Account differs from the one you indicate on your credit card application form, the Expected Graduation Year you have provided at the time of opening of your Eligible Bank Account will prevail and be used for determining the expiry of this offer.
Additional cardholders are not eligible for this offer. Only one credit card annual fee rebate per Eligible Bank Account is allowed. This means that if both the primary owner and co-owner of an Eligible Bank Account are also the primary cardholders of an Eligible Credit Card each, only the primary owner of the Eligible Bank Account will be entitled to the credit card annual fee rebate.
1) be a new personal day-to-day banking client to Royal Bank of Canada and open between July 16 and October 31, 2018 (“Promotional Period”) an RBC Student Banking® account with no monthly fee (you can also get $60 if you open an RBC No Limit Banking for Students® account with a monthly fee of $10.95 or $25 if you open an RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account® with no monthly fee); and
2) make any two (2) of the following transactions before November 30, 2018 using your new RBC Student Banking account or RBC No Limit Banking for Students account A) mobile cheque deposit; B) bill payment; C) pre-authorized payment; D) Interac e-Transfer; or E) purchase - including those done with RBC Virtual Visa Debit, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or with the RBC Wallet. Qualifying transactions can be made within RBC Online Banking, RBC Mobile Banking or with your RBC Client Card. Transactions made in branch or through the ATM network are not included as a qualifying transaction. Bank fee transactions are also excluded. No qualifying transactions or purchases are required for the $25 with the RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account
Not eligible for this offer, are clients that have opened any RBC personal deposit account within the two (2) year period before the start of the Promotional Period. The $60 cash for the RBC Student Banking and RBC No Limit Banking for Students accounts or the $25 cash for the RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account will be deposited into your new account within 6-8 weeks after account open, provided you have met the eligibility criteria as outlined above and only if your account remains in good standing.