Benefits of Paying Bills With RBC
- 24/7 access to make a payment whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Pay up to 10 bills at one time.
- Set up recurring or postdated payments, so bills get paid automatically.
- Bank with complete confidence, thanks to our RBC Online Banking Security Guarantee2.
- Add a new payee simply by taking a photo of your bill in the RBC Mobile app.
- Pay the wrong amount? Cancel same-day bill payments easily in RBC Online Banking.
Bill Payment Options
Multiple Bill Payments
You can pay up to 10 bills at one time with the Pay Multiple Bills feature available through RBC Online Banking. There is only one transaction banking fee3 applied when you pay multiple bills at one time.
- Sign in to Online Banking
- On the Pay Bills and Transfer Funds page, select Pay Multiple Bills in the right-hand menu
- Enter an amount for each payee you selected and Continue
- Confirm your transactions
Pre-Arranged Bill Payments / Transfers
Whether you're at home or away, you can arrange to have payments and transfers made at a pre-determined frequency on specified dates. Pay heating and hydro bills, magazine subscriptions or other regular expenses.View Tutorial
Tip: Overdraft protection can ensure that you always have enough funds to pay your bills.Learn More About Overdraft Protection
Pre-authorized debits are a convenient way of paying bills when these transactions occur on an ongoing basis and vary in value. Examples of frequent uses include mortgage and utility payments, RRSP contributions, insurance premiums and charitable donations.Learn More About Pre-Authorized Debits(opens PDF in new window)
CRA My Payment
My Payment is an online payment option that allows individuals and businesses to pay taxes via the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website. The My Payment service is offered through Interac Online and is a quick, easy, and secure way to make payments to the CRA.Discover My Payments
With RBC eBills (a service provided by Canada Post) you can now receive your bills where you pay them as well – in RBC Online Banking.Learn More About eBills
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily pay your bills either through RBC Online banking or the RBC Mobile app.View Tutorial
Yes, you can place a stop payment on a pre-authorized payment provided it has not be cashed by the recipient. You can talk to the merchant or submit a stop payment request through RBC Online Banking.View Tutorial
Yes, you can use your points to pay any Canadian bill provided your accounts are in good standing and you have an eligible RBC Rewards account.See what Rewards accounts are ineligible to pay bills with
You can easily make a payment to your RBC Credit Card in RBC Online Banking or the RBC Mobile app.How to pay your credit card in RBC Online Banking
In the RBC Mobile app:
- Sign in and go to Move Money in the bottom menu
- Select Transfer Between My Accounts
- Choose the From Account, the Amount, and the desired Credit Card in the To Field
- Follow the on-screen instructions