Set up Direct Deposit
Direct Deposit is a convenient, reliable, quick way to access your money no matter where you are. There’s no more waiting for a cheque to arrive and going to a branch or ATM to cash the item.
- Access your money faster – no waiting for a cheque to arrive
- Save time by reducing your trips to the branch
- Reduce your chances of a lost or stolen cheque
Financial Relief Program Details - Canada Emergency Response Benefit
Many Canadians are preparing to apply for financial relief through the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), we encourage you to register for direct deposit from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to ensure you receive your payments faster.
NEW. You can now set up CRA Direct Deposit directly through RBC Online Banking or the RBC Mobile app.
**Please note that registering for Direct Deposit through RBC Online Banking or the RBC Mobile app does not register you for the CERB. You’ll need to apply for the CERB directly through the CRA website.Find Out More
Set up Payroll Direct Deposit
Whether you've just started a new job and need to set up a direct deposit/payroll or if you've opened a new account and need to switch your payroll, we can help you get paid the quick and easy way with payroll direct deposit into your RBC Royal Bank account in 2 simple steps:
- Print and fill out the Request to Change Automatic Payroll Deposit Information form. Or, if you have access to Online Banking you can get a personalized version of this form with your account information included.
- Give a printed copy of the completed form to your employer.
Let your payday headaches become a thing of the past by setting up payroll direct deposit today!