What is ESG?
ESG stands for environmental, social and governance. By choosing investments that incorporate ESG factors, you can invest in companies that have been assessed for impacts on society and the environment, as well as how they are governed and carry out their missions. ESG factors may include, but are not limited to:
Factors can include climate change, water and wastewater management, and biodiversity.
Factors can include how a company treats its employees, customers and the communities that it operates in.
Factors can include areas such as executive pay, board diversity and board independence.
4 Convenient Ways to Invest with RBC
Get a Low-Cost, Professionally Managed Portfolio of ESG ETFs
Align responsible investing and performance needs with a professionally-built Responsible Investing Portfolio—and a team to manage it for you.
- Answer some simple questions online to get matched to a low-cost portfolio of high-quality exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- Our Responsible Investing portfolios prioritize investing in companies that perform well on ESG measures1
- Sit back and relax while our pros pick, buy and manage the investments in your Responsible Investing portfolio for you
- Track your progress online anytime and speak to a Portfolio Advisor if you have questions or need advice
Buy an RBC ESG Market-Linked GIC
Enjoy principal protection, plus a higher return potential based on the performance of global companies compared to that offered by a traditional fixed-rate GIC.
- Guarantees 100% safety of your initial investment
- Linked to stock market performance, offering a higher return potential than traditional GICs
- Tracks a globally diversified index of companies that exhibit positive ESG factors
Buy RBC Vision FundsTM
RBC Royal Bank2
See how you could benefit from investment management from RBC Global Asset Management (RBC GAM)—one of Canada’s largest mutual fund providers3.
- Choose from a family of funds that invest primarily in the securities of companies that conduct themselves in a socially responsible manner
- Through responsible investment, RBC GAM is better equipped to enhance the long-term, risk-adjusted performance of our portfolios.
Research, Pick and Buy Your Own Investments
Use in-depth research and powerful screeners to find and buy investments that align with your values.
Learn More About ESG Investing
Management fees and expenses may be associated with investments in exchange-traded funds (ETF). Please read the prospectus or ETF Facts document before investing. ETFs are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. ETF units are bought and sold at market price on a stock exchange and brokerage commissions will reduce returns. Index returns do not represent RBC ETF returns.
Other products and services may be offered by one or more separate corporate entities that are affiliated to RBC InvestEase Inc., including without limitation: Royal Bank of Canada, RBC Direct Investing Inc., RBC Dominion Securities Inc., RBC Global Asset Management Inc., Royal Trust Corporation of Canada and The Royal Trust Company. RBC InvestEase Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada and uses the business name RBC InvestEase.
The services provided by RBC InvestEase are only available in Canada.
RBC Direct Investing Inc. and Royal Bank of Canada are separate corporate entities which are affiliated. RBC Direct Investing Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada and is a Member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Royal Bank of Canada and certain of its issuers are related to RBC Direct Investing Inc. RBC Direct Investing Inc. does not provide investment advice or recommendations regarding the purchase or sale of any securities. Investors are responsible for their own investment decisions. RBC Direct Investing is a business name used by RBC Direct Investing Inc. ® / ™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under licence.
Investment advice is provided by Royal Mutual Funds Inc. (RMFI). RMFI, RBC Global Asset Management Inc., Royal Bank of Canada, Royal Trust Corporation of Canada and The Royal Trust Company are separate corporate entities which are affiliated. RMFI is licensed as a financial services firm in the province of Quebec.