Benefits of a GIC1
At RBC Royal Bank, you have a broad choice of GICs, making it easy to find one that fits your goals.
Safe and Secure
Invest with peace of mind knowing that your original investment is guaranteed.
Flexible Terms and Payment Options
Choose from a variety of investment terms and interest payment frequencies that suits your needs.
Get personalized advice with MyAdvisor
A digital service that lets you see the potential of your investments, including your GICs, and can connect you with an RBC advisor to help build your financial future.
Choose from Three GIC Families
Your interest rate is guaranteed, so you don’t need to worry about changes in the markets or the economy.
- Both principal and interest payments are guaranteed
- A great variety of product features, terms and interest payment options are available
- Escalating rate options available
RBC MarketSmart GICs
Enjoy the security of a GIC and the higher return potential that comes with an equity investment.
- Your investment is positioned for growth
- Principal is 100% protected
- Choose between a guaranteed minimum return and unlimited upside potential
Explore top GIC questions.
You can buy GICs:
- Through RBC Online Banking if you have an RBC Royal Bank chequing or savings account, or an existing GIC.
- Call us at 1-800-463-3863. We'll be happy to discuss your goals and help you choose the type of investments that best suit your objectives.
- Visit your branch. We recommend booking an appointment ahead of time by calling us at 1-800-769-2511.
It’s best to work with an RBC advisor to find an investment solution that meets your objectives. Alternatively, you can use our GIC Selector tool to find a GIC that's right for you.
Ready to Invest?
Buy a GIC for your registered account or on its own.
Base Level from the date of purchase (as indicated on your GIC certificate)
Participation Factor or minimum and maximum rates (as indicated on your GIC certificate)
Latest applicable index value.