Benefits of a GIC1
At RBC Royal Bank, you have a broad choice of GICs, making it easy to find one that fits your goals.
Safe and Secure
Invest with peace of mind knowing that your original investment is guaranteed.
Flexible Terms and Payment Options
Choose from a variety of investment terms and interest payment frequencies that suits your needs.
Enjoy competitive rates that are guaranteed for the full term of your investment.
Get personalized advice with MyAdvisor
A digital service that lets you see the potential of your investments, including your GICs, and can connect you with an RBC advisor to help build your financial future.
Choose from Three GIC Families
Your interest rate is guaranteed, so you don’t need to worry about changes in the markets or the economy.
- Both principal and interest payments are guaranteed
- A great variety of product features, terms and interest payment options are available
- Escalating rate options available
RBC Equity-Linked GICs
Enjoy the security of a GIC and the higher return potential that comes with an equity investment.
- Your investment is positioned for growth
- Principal is 100% protected
- Choose between a guaranteed minimum return and unlimited upside potential
Explore top GIC questions.
GICs are one of the safest ways to protect and grow your money. Whether you’re looking for:
- Cashable solutions that provide access to funds at any time
- Short or longer term options
- Guaranteed returns for most GICs* so you don’t have to worry about changes in the markets or the economy
- Currency options so you can protect your Canadian or US dollar savings
Explore our GIC solutions.
* excludes Canadian Market Linked GICs. For Canadian Market linked GICs principal is guaranteed, interest is based on specific market returns
We have a broad range of GICs that can fit any goal. You can use our handy GIC selector tool to help you determine the best solution for you. You can also work with an RBC advisor to help you choose the right investment that best fits your objectives.
Ready to Invest?
Buy a GIC for your registered account or on its own.
Base Level from the date of purchase (as indicated on your GIC certificate)
Participation Factor or minimum and maximum rates (as indicated on your GIC certificate)
Latest applicable index value.