Lock Your Card
Whether it’s lost or simply misplaced, lock your card with the RBC Mobile app or RBC Online Banking and avoid the hassle of cancelling your card if it’s ended up between the sofa cushions. When locked, all cash advances and purchases will be declined, but your card will still allow:
- pre-authorized payments
- payments toward your balance
- RBC Rewards redemptions1
Simply lock your card and when you find it, you can easily unlock and be on your way.Learn more about Credit Card Lock
Lost or Stolen
Locking your card will help protect from unauthorized charges, but if your card is lost or stolen, report it and we’ll cancel the card immediately and send you a one. You’ll receive your new RBC credit card within 7 – 10 business days.
Choose one of the following options:
Report your lost or stolen card online by following a few simple steps. Your credit card will then be cancelled and we will issue you a new one.Report my lost or stolen card through RBC Online Banking
- Call our 24-hour toll-free number 1-800-769-2512. We’ll block your card from future use and issue you a new card.
When should I report my card?
- When you know your credit card is lost or stolen
- When you don’t recognize a charge on your statement
- When you think someone else might be using your card
When you report a lost or stolen card immediately and you’ve been responsible in protecting your card and PIN, you're covered against any fraudulent or unauthorized use of your card.
Download the RBC Mobile app today
Discover how easy it is to be in control of your RBC credit card and do your everyday banking with the RBC Mobile app.
Visit our RBC Mobile App page for more details.
- Pre-authorized payments from your credit card.
- Payments towards your credit card balance, including from Payback with Points.
- Refunds to your credit card.
- RBC Rewards points redemptions.