Lock Your Card
Whether it’s lost or simply misplaced, lock your card with the RBC Mobile app or RBC Online Banking and avoid the hassle of cancelling your card if it’s ended up between the sofa cushions. When locked, all cash advances and purchases will be declined, but your card will still allow:
- pre-authorized payments
- payments toward your balance
- RBC Rewards redemptions1
Simply lock your card and when you find it, you can easily unlock and be on your way.Learn more about Credit Card Lock
Lost or Stolen
Locking your card will help protect from unauthorized charges, but if your card is lost or stolen, call our 24-hour toll-free number 1-800-769-2512. We’ll cancel the card and send you a new one in about three business days or less2.
Call us now if you:
- Know your credit card is lost or stolen
- Don’t recognize a charge on your statement
- Think someone else might be using your card
When you report a lost or stolen card immediately and you’ve been responsible in protecting your card and PIN, you're covered against any fraudulent or unauthorized use of your card.
- Pre-authorized payments from your credit card.
- Payments towards your credit card balance, including from Payback with Points.
- Refunds to your credit card.
- RBC Rewards points redemptions.