- Credit Limit & Fees
- Features & Benefits
- General Questions & Concerns
- Using and Protecting my Card
Using and Protecting my Card
- Never give your credit card number over the phone, unless you have initiated the call
- Make online purchases from recognized retailers, and only when the site is equipped with security features such as:
- The site URL begins with HTTPS and not HTTP. This indicates that the area is protected by security protocols.
- A key or lock symbol that appears at the bottom of your screen when you're making a purchase from a secure Internet site. If the lock or key is broken, the site could be unsecure. Try finding the item on a different retailer to complete your purchase.
- Sign in to RBC Online Banking
- On the account summary page, select the card you want to replace
- On the right side of the page, select Replace Card
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- You’ll receive your new credit card within 7 – 10 business days
There are 4 ways to activate:
- Visit www.rbc.com/activate
Sign in to the RBC Mobile App:
- Select your new credit card from the Accounts Overview list
On the Credit Card Details page, select Add or Activate Your Card
- On all mobile devices, you can Activate Your Physical Card after you’ve received it in the mail
- On iOS devices, you also have the option to Add a Virtual Card to Your Apple Wallet to use immediately
- Select the option you’d like, and follow the on screen instructions
Sign into RBC Online Banking:
- Select your credit card on the Accounts Summary page
- On the Account Details page, select Activate My Credit Card
- Follow the instructions
- Call 1-877-900-5900
- For Private Banking credit cards, please call 1-888-769-2597
If your card has a signature strip on the back, please remember to sign it once it’s activated. If you’re replacing an older credit card, cut up your old card and throw it away.
Are you currently travelling and experiencing an issue? Call us collect at 416-974-7780.
If your card has been stolen or permanently lost, call our 24-hour toll-free number 1-800-769-2512. We’ll block the card from future use and issue you a new card.
- Download the application form
- Print, complete all required fields, and sign the form. Both you and your Authorized User will be required to sign the form.
- Mail the form to this address:
RBC Royal Bank
c/o Administration Department
P.O. Box 8400, Stn, Terminal
Vancouver, BC V6B 9Z9
- Unfamiliar merchant name
- Unfamiliar amount
- Unfamiliar date
- Multiple cardholders or users
- Price or fee changes from the merchant
- Expired trials or free memberships
- Lock your card via the RBC Mobile app or RBC Online Banking. Hyperlink lock your card to our lost and stolen page
- Call the RBC Fraud Centre at 1-800-769-2512 so they can assist you
Insurance Coverage For Your Credit Card Balance
Help make sure your credit card balance doesn’t become a burden to you or your family with simple and affordable job loss, total disability and life coverage.