How it Works
Paying with your chip and PIN credit card is just 3 easy steps:
Insert your card into the terminal and leave it there
Insert with the chip facing up
Follow the prompts and enter your PIN
Be sure to cover the terminal keypad from wandering eyes
Wait for approval, then remove your card
Most terminals beep when the transaction is complete. Don’t remove your card before you’re prompted as it could cancel the transaction
Attention: Protecting Your PIN
Keeping your PIN safe plays a big role in keeping your transactions secure
- Never share your PIN with anyone – including your bank, family or friends
- Avoid using obvious numbers such as your birthday, address or phone number that are easy to guess if your card is lost
- Change your PIN every so often. If you think someone else knows it, change it immediately by visiting an RBC Branch
- Don’t write down your PIN or store it on your phone
- Cover the key pad when entering your PIN in public
Concerned about Credit Card Fraud?
Rest easy! Provided you’ve been responsible in protecting your card and PIN, you’re protected against any fraudulent or unauthorized use of your card both in-store and online.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t know your PIN, you can visit any RBC Branch with two valid pieces of ID to change or reset your PIN. If you simply want to update the PIN you know, you can also visit any RBC ATM.