Our Savings Accounts
Ways to Apply
NOMI helps you manage your everyday finances by providing you with timely and personalized trends and overviews based on your spending and saving habits.
Give Your Savings Plan a Helping Hand
Sometimes the hardest thing about saving is getting started. The Savings Spot gives you the advice and tools to plan, assess and achieve your goals.
Kickstart Your Savings
Set up "memorized" online transfers using RBC Save-matic to put automated payments into your savings account.
Ways to Bank
Manage Your Account Online, Anytime
Check your balances, pay bills, set up alerts, send money and more – whenever you need to.
Take care of your banking from wherever you are, anytime you want.
Take It All to a New Level
Make payments with a tap of your smartphone and securely store your cards on your device.
I'm Already a Customer
The easiest way to commit to a regular savings plan is to arrange for pre-authorized transfers from your banking account to your designated savings account. Simply specify the amount and how often you want the transfers to take place — for example, once a week, every two weeks or once a month. You may even want to schedule these to occur just after your paycheque is direct-deposited into your chequing account.
- Step 1: In your Online Banking, under Quick Payments and Transfers, click on Pay Bills and Transfer Funds.
- Step 2: On the left hand menu, click on Set Up Save-Matic.
- Step 3: Enter the Amount you want to save, choose your From and To accounts, When to start, and select how often from the Receive Frequency options, then click on Submit.
- Step 4. Review your information and click on Confirm.
- Sign in to the RBC Mobile app,
- Tap ‘More’
- Tap ‘NOMI Find & Save’ and turn it on.
After you turn on NOMI Find & Save, we will get to know your spending & saving habits in your source chequing account to find opportunities to save for you.Learn More about NOMI Find & Save about NOMI Find & Save
You can deposit cheques through the RBC Mobile app (Android and iPhone devices) or the RBC Canada app (iPad devices). Download the latest version of the apps from the relevant app store, select "Deposit Cheque" in the main menu and follow the on-screen prompts.Learn More about Mobile Cheque Deposit
With Interac e-Transfers you can send funds to clients of other financial institutions as well as RBC, and you don't need to know the account number of the person you're sending money to. All you need is their email address or mobile phone number.
To send an Interac e-Transfer from Online Banking:
- From the Accounts Summary page, select "More Payment Options" on the right side of the page.
- Enter the payment amount of the transfer.
- Select the account you want the funds to be debited from.
- Open the “To” drop down list, select the Interac e-Transfer payee and Submit.
To send an Interac e-Transfer from Mobile Banking:
Select the Interac e-Transfers icon from the main page.
- Choose the account you would like to pay from.
- Select the recipient you wish to send funds to. If sending to a new recipient, select the + sign in the bottom left hand corner of the page.
- Follow the steps