Have You Ever Wondered What Financial Solutions the Largest Companies Have Access to?
- Are you looking for a financial partner that understands your unique business challenges and financial strategies?
- Do you want innovative solutions that only come from professionals with global expertise?
Whether you need to raise capital, reduce operating costs, mitigate risk, or realize value from your business, the Corporate Client Group of RBC Royal Bank wants to be your financial partner.
- Relationship Management
- Mid-Market Project and Infrastructure Finance
- Asset Based Lending
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Treasury and Cash Management
- Mezzanine Finance
- Private Equity Finance
Who We Are
Providing mid-market corporations a uniquely branded offering of large company financial solutions through dedicated Relationship Managers who operate as trusted advisors.
Why CCG Relationship Management
- Our Client Coverage Model includes Relationship Managers dedicated to a modest portfolio of Mid-market companies with revenues > $100 million;
- Together with Risk Management we bring sector expertise;
- Strategic thinking with a focus on business strategy and advice at each point of inflection along the business growth curve;
- Senior Leadership and business committee access for agile decision making;
- Shareholder value optimization through dividend recaps, shareholder exits and estate planning. Unique resources available to support clients through acquisitions, research, treasury management, global banking, alternative debt/equity solutions, syndicated financing and more.
Our sector specialized teams leverage the broad range of resources available across RBC and collaborate to proactively provide best-in-class service and solutions to our Corporate Client Group clients.
Mid-Market Project and Infrastructure Finance
Who We Are
Providing a full suite of financing solutions in support of, Project Finance transactions including those with an emphasis on ESG focused renewable energy, and government sponsored Public-Private-Partnership (P3) infrastructure project ventures in Canada.
Why RBC Mid-Market Infrastructure Finance
- As a trusted, experienced and flexible financing partner, we have the proven capabilities and expertise to successfully execute project and infrastructure financing transactions.
- We leverage the capabilities of RBC platforms to provide short and long term committed senior credit facilities, hedging strategies and execution, and debt capital markets or private placement bond issuances.
- We provide dedicated national coverage to select sponsors, developers and bid teams operating in Canada who are pursuing non-recourse or limited recourse project finance transactions, and P3 transactions with Canadian federal, provincial, municipal and regional governments or their designated Authorities or Ministries.
- We provide support for a wide array of projects varying in scope, complexity and size ranging from $25MM and up.
- RBC has a strong history of #1 rankings in Arranger league tables and Deal of the Year awards.
- Project Finance: We structure and arrange non-recourse debt for renewable energy and other project developments.
- P3s: RBC relevant areas of expertise include utilities, airports, light rail, toll roads, transit, hospitals and social infrastructure.
Asset Based Lending
Who We Are
Providing covenant light Asset Based Lending (“ABL”) credit facilities for Canadian businesses in a variety of industries (facility sizes from $2 million up to large syndicated transactions).
Why RBC Asset Based Lending
- Leading Canadian ABL business with a team of 35 experienced professionals across Canada delivering ABL solutions to companies of all sizes
- Our facilities provide funding matched to the unique characteristics of your industry and business allowing our clients to focus on what they do best: grow their business and succeed
- We partner with a local RBC relationship coverage team to bring our clients all the products, services and advice offered by RBC
- Flexible, covenant light credit facilities based on the value of your assets (up to 90% on accounts receivable and 90% of appraised inventory value).
- ABL credit facilities are ideal for businesses that are looking for growth financing not constrained by conventional lending criteria/financial covenants, funding a merger or acquisition, have seasonal or cyclical borrowing needs, are experiencing restricted cash flows/a turn-around situation or that need to refinance existing debt, restructure and/or recapitalize.
Mid-Market Mergers & Acquisitions
Who We Are
Providing mergers and acquisitions advisory services to Canadian companies operating in a variety of industries.
Why RBC Mid-Market M&A
- Focus on Private Company M&A, with geographic coverage of all Canadian markets - 30+ bankers, 6 offices
- RBC ranks as #1 mid-market M&A advisor in North America; #1 M&A advisor in Canada
- Global network of industry leading sector coverage teams
- Global relationships with key decision makers in public and private businesses, private equity firms
- Ability to access RBC’s deep resources in leverage finance, commercial lending, market research, and wealth management
- Business Divestitures: Working with business owners to develop and execute a divestiture process designed to maximize the value of the business being sold.
- Acquisitions: We have extensive experience assisting companies manage the acquisition process including valuation, negotiations, and capital structure.
- Buyouts: We provide advice to companies or individuals seeking to complete a management or shareholder buyout.
Treasury and Cash Management
Who We Are
Providing treasury and cash management advisory services to RBC’s top tier corporate, institutional and public sector client base..
Why RBC Treasury and Cash Management
- Best known for our customer service and advice, fielding a dedicated, knowledgeable team with a genuine interest in the details and challenges of it’s clients.
- Proud leader in digital enablement with innovative solutions designed to leverage technology to simplify and secure client’s payment process, while providing more flexibility and richer information.
- RBC has long held a position of strength in the Canadian market demonstrated by our number one position across all payment types.
- Well versed in industry developments affecting our clients
- Experienced in-country relationship management coverage providing options and solutions to improve efficiencies, streamline/reduce costs, and mitigate risk for clients operating in Canada, ensuring they are kept abreast of the latest industry and regulatory changes.
- Focus on addressing our client’s complex liquidity management issues providing advice to help manage their investment risk, and optimize investment returns within acceptable risk parameters.
- Dedicated service team assigned for “day to day” service needs, providing personalized support and advice on fraud management, account opening, documentation, and new cash management solutions.
Capital Partners Mezzanine Finance
Who We Are
Provides junior capital to Canadian and U.S. based mid-market companies across a wide range of industries.
Why RBC Capital Partners
- Over 20 years of financing Canadian and US mid-market companies and enabling management teams to execute strategic plans and grow their business.
- Strong track record in a variety of sectors including health care, consumer products, industrials, services, and technology
- Capability to hold and/or partner on larger transactions and align with management teams through minority equity investments
- The One RBC approach enables access to RBC’s deep resources in leverage finance, commercial lending, market research, wealth management, and capital markets.
RBC Capital Partners offers structured cash flow term loan, subordinated debt, and mezzanine financing capabilities alongside minority equity investments providing flexibility in cash flow management and a cost effective alternative to raising additional equity to finance transformational
- Growth Capital
- Financial sponsor, shareholder, and management buyouts
- Refinancing of existing facilities
- Equity withdrawals (or dividend recapitalizations)
Typical investments range from $3 million to $25 million in any single transaction.
Who We Are
Providing dedicated national coverage to Private Equity firms who are pursuing transactions with Canadian mid-market companies
Why CCG Private Equity
- RBC’s MMLF team has the required breadth and depth of experience in structuring and closing transactions in to ensure and efficient financing process
- We partner with Canadian and US private equity firms acquiring a Canadian business or businesses with assets in Canada where an experienced financing partner can add significant value and create unique opportunities
- Whether it is a single bank hold, a “club” facility or a formal syndication, RBC’s MMLF team works together with sponsors to determine the optimal financing structure
- RBC’s MMLF team focuses on companies who have EBITDA between $5 and $75 million.
- We are able to leverage the full capabilities of RBC’s platforms to provide a unique North American perspective on the PE market
Dedicated to structuring unique and complex senior debt solutions required for:
- Leveraged Buy-Outs (“LBO”): Working with PE firms to build and develop a capital structure for either majority or minority acquisitions
- Recapitalizations: supporting PE firms and other shareholders by offering distribution financing to help return capital to shareholders
- Platform Build-Outs: Helping PE firms expand on existing strategies by acquiring companies that provide synergies to leverage current portfolio holdings
- Capital Call Facilities: Subscription credit facilities to provide PE funds liquidity between transactions and investor capital calls
We are the Corporate Client Group
A team of senior relationship managers, dedicated to delivering a complete range of complex financial solutions and core banking services to mid-market Canadian-headquartered companies and subsidiaries of foreign multinationals in Canada.