Get One-on-One Advice From Export Advisors
The Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) is a four-day hands-on international trade workshop. Taking place over six weeks, the program helps businesses scale up, develop an export plan, and put it into action.
Trade Accelerator Program
Key Topics Covered in the Program:
- Strategic planning for export markets, including market-entry strategies
- A review of support services available to help you reach new markets, including:
- International market research
- Ministry support services
- Access to public funding and government grants
- Trade shows
- Logistics involved in optimizing your business processes, shipping solutions and more
- A discussion of the legal and tax implications of going global, including international tax perspectives, as well as tips on managing your tax obligations when doing business overseas
- International marketing and sales tactics:
- Market localization
- Brand awareness
- Selling into a global marketplace
- Approaching new prospects
- Buying motivators
- Managing international distribution channels
- Building a compelling value proposition
- Building your export plan
Day One and Two
The program begins with an intensive two-day workshop to provide an orientation on the program for participating companies, an overview of the exporting resources available to them, as well as insight into how they can build and implement an export plan.
The interactive workshops are presented by leading Canadian industry practitioners and export advisors.
Taking place approximately one week after Day Two, this is a hands-on workshop where business participants are guided step-by-step through the process of developing their export strategy and writing their export plan.
Participants receive hands-on support from leading Canadian export advisors as they develop their export plan, detailing their strategic objectives, market entry methods, international marketing plan as well as supply chain and operational resources.
The final day of the program takes place approximately 3 weeks after Day Three, and is focused on mentoring and constructive feedback. Participants receive 30-minute one-on-one mentoring sessions from each program partner.
Sessions are focused on their plan and how to move forward, providing assistance with the resources, information and contacts they need to go global.
To participate in the Trade Accelerator Program, companies are either referred by RBC or can apply directly. All applications are reviewed by the TAP team to ensure the program is a good fit. They will be considered on program criteria and assessed on their merits.
The Trade Accelerator Program is most suitable for companies who:
- Generate more than $500,000 in annual revenue
- Have been operating for at least 2 years
- Are either considering exporting for the first time, or are already exporting and looking to diversify their export markets
- Have a product or service with a strong competitive advantage
- Are willing to dedicate two senior representatives to participate in the program and apply its resources
- Are located in Canada
For more information on the program, please speak with your Commercial Account Manager, or connect with us here.
Complementary for RBC referred clients
You May Also Consider
RBC Global Connect
Access comprehensive information, tools and a global network of business partners through a platform designed to help businesses go global.
RBC International Trade Solutions
Our credit and trade finance services can help you grow your business outside Canada.
Ready to Get Started?
Our international trade specialists will help you start and succeed as a global business.
Have a Trade Specialist Contact YouTell Us How We Can Reach You
Call our 24/7 Business Helpline
You Might Also Be Interested In:
How Canada Can Compete As Shipping Undergoes a Sea Change
How New Technologies are Changing the Course of Shipping
Global Conditions Cloud Outlook But There’s Sunshine on the Coasts