The Growth Potential of an Equity with a Guaranteed Minimum Return
The Canadian Banking MarketSmart GIC delivers the best of both worlds — the security of a GIC and a guaranteed minimum return with a potential for a higher return tied to the performance of a Canadian Banking equity index. This is ideal if you need the growth potential of equity but want to preserve your principal.
Is This GIC Right for You?
This GIC may be an appropriate choice if you:
- Want a guaranteed minimum return, with the potential for a higher rate of return
- Want peace of mind knowing you’ll get 100% of your principal back as well as a guaranteed minimum rate of return
- Want the simplicity of principal protection and growth in one solution
- Will not need regular income from this investment
- Minimum Investment: $1,000
- Terms: 2, 3 and 5 years
- Return: Variable return is linked to the performance of the S&P/TSX Banks Index
- Interest Payment Options: Return paid at maturity
- Access to Funds: No
- CDIC Eligible: Yes
Higher Return Potential
You’ll participate in the returns of an important sub-sector of the Canadian stock market while your principal is 100% protected.
Peace of Mind
Your original investment is 100% guaranteed at maturity.
You’ll have principal protection and growth potential in one solution.
Guaranteed Minimum Return
You’ll receive at least the minimum rate of return with the potential to receive significant additional upside to a maximum rate of return.
For more information such as how the return is calculated or to invest in an RBC Canadian Banking MarketSmart GIC, refer to:
Rates for 22 January 2019
RBC Canadian Banking MarketSmart GIC
|Term to Maturity||Minimum Return† [%]||Maximum Return† [%]|