Get One-on-One Advice From Export Advisors
The Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) is a hands-on international trade workshop designed to help Canadian businesses grow internationally. Through TAP, Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises are able to access Canada's top exporting resources, tools and industry experts.
Trade Accelerator Program
Key Topics Covered in the Program:
- Strategic planning for export markets, including market-entry strategies
- A review of support services available to help you reach new markets, including:
- International market research
- Ministry support services
- Access to public funding and government grants
- Trade shows
- Logistics involved in optimizing your business processes, shipping solutions and more
- A discussion of the legal and tax implications of going global, including international tax perspectives, as well as tips on managing your tax obligations when doing business overseas
- International marketing and sales tactics:
- Market localization
- Brand awareness
- Selling into a global marketplace
- Approaching new prospects
- Buying motivators
- Managing international distribution channels
- Building a compelling value proposition
- Building your export plan
The Program takes place over 4 to 6 weeks (depending on the delivery format), broken down into four phases, as follows:
Phase 1 - Discover
The program begins with a few intensive sessions to orient participating companies on the program and the available exporting resources, in addition to, introducing participants to leading industry advisors and other export-oriented businesses.
Phases 2 and 3 - Develop and Build
Participants will receive hands-on support from industry experts, as they are guided through the process of assessing and developing a market entry strategy, identifying their international business objectives, marketing plan, supply chain and operational resources, and ultimately, building their export business plan.
Phase 4 - Accelerate
Export specialists will spend time with each participant, where they will receive individual coaching and mentoring, while being provided with advice and solutions, to aid them with finalizing their export business plan. TAP participants will walk away with a fully executable export business plan, in addition to, having established business relationships that they may continue to leverage throughout their trade journey.
To participate in the Trade Accelerator Program, companies are either referred by RBC or can apply directly. All applications are reviewed by the TAP team to ensure the program is a good fit. They will be considered on program criteria and assessed on their merits.
The Trade Accelerator Program is most suitable for companies who:
- Generate more than $500,000 in annual revenue
- Have been operating for at least 2 years
- Are either considering exporting for the first time, or are already exporting and looking to diversify their export markets
- Have a product or service with a strong competitive advantage
- Are willing to dedicate two senior representatives to participate in the program and apply its resources
- Are located in Canada
For more information on the program, please speak with your Relationship Manager, or connect with us here.
Complimentary for RBC referred clients
You May Also Consider
RBC Global Connect
Access comprehensive information, tools and a global network of business partners through a platform designed to help businesses go global.
RBC International Trade Solutions
Our credit and trade finance services can help you grow your business outside Canada.
Ready to Get Started?
Our international trade specialists will help you start and succeed as a global business.
Have a Trade Specialist Contact YouTell Us How We Can Reach You
Call our 24/7 Business Helpline
You Might Also Be Interested In:
The Green Beaver: From Home-Based Hobby To Global Business
How Canada can Rebound From Recent International Trade Pressures
Globalization 2.0: The RBC Schulich Enterprise Forum Examines Global Opportunities for Canadian SMEs