We’ll Help You Maximize the Value of the Business Being Sold
Our Mergers & Acquisitions team works with business owners to develop and execute an effective divestiture process.
The sale of a business may be triggered by:
- Shareholder succession planning
- Difference of opinion among shareholders regarding the future of the business
- Change in the competitive landscape of the industry
- Response to approaches from strategic or financial buyers
- Conclusion that the business or division is no longer a core holding
We provide shareholders with extensive knowledge and experience in executing on divestiture strategies.
Ready to Get Started?
Typical divestiture services include:
- Assisting you with a strategic assessment and development of an overall divestiture strategy;
- Completing a pricing analysis to refine value expectations;
- Identifying and prioritize potential buyers and method of approach;
- Reviewing and assist in preparation of financial information;
- Drafting descriptive selling documents;
- Approaching potential buyers on a confidential basis to assess their interest, disseminate information and coordinate review and evaluation of offers;
- Preparing management for meetings with the buyers;
- Preparing management for due diligence and assist with preparation of due diligence information;
- Leading negotiations or assisting with negotiations; and
- Managing the transaction process from inception through to closing.
Once the decision to proceed with a divestiture is made, the execution of a well-developed strategy can provide you with an excellent opportunity to maximize value. We understand the unique concerns facing shareholders, including confidentiality, family dynamics and others, and would be happy to work with you to understand your situation and to formulate an appropriate divestiture strategy.
Ready to Get Started?
You Might Also Be Interested In:
|Calgary||Jacylnn Fimrite, Director||(403) 292-2137|
Mark Anthony Serri, Managing Director
Emanuel Ross, Vice President
Robert Hickey, Managing Director & Group Head
Paul Morgan, Managing Director
Jeffrey Ng, Director
Jeff Tone, Director
Matt Mantin, Director
Brandon Beadow, Vice President
Graeme Blair, Vice President
Nicholas Wingrove, Vice President
Will Stuart, Vice President
Greg Wright, Managing Director & Head Western Canada
John Drake, Vice President
Ben A McKay, Vice President
|Halifax||Mark Marshall, Director||(902) 421-7530|
|Edmonton||Hussein Poonjani, Director||(780) 707-0789|