Dealing with an emotional situation is difficult. Our goal is to help ease this stress by simplifying the claims process.
To file a claim under your business loan insurance plan coverage, please call us as soon as possible.
When you call, we'll be able to provide you with faster service if you have the following items on-hand:
- Business Client Card Number
- Store Transit and Loan Account Number(s)
- Client Card number for the insured person
Alternatively, you may download, complete and send us the appropriate claim form below:
General Business Loan Insurance Plan Inquiries
- Critical Illness claims must be submitted within 180 days of the date of diagnosis or surgery
- Disability insurance claims must be submitted within 150 days of the date of disability
- Life insurance claims must be submitted within 1 year of the date of death
- Accidental dismemberment claims must be submitted within 90 days of the loss
- You may be asked to provide the names of any doctors or hospitals that were consulted prior to the date of the claim
- If an insured person has passed away as the result of an accident, a copy of the police/fire and/or coroner's reports will also be required Business Loan Insurance Plan is underwritten by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada.