RBC Royal Bank offers you the option of stopping the payment of any cheque you've written, providing it has not yet been presented for payment.
The fee for this service is:
- $12.50 each cheque or pre-authorized payment when you complete the Stop Payment Request in Online Banking or
- $25.00 each cheque or pre-authorized payment you request the branch or a Telephone Banking agent to complete.
However, depending on your banking account, this service may be available to you at no additional charge.
You can place a stop payment online or call us at 1-800-769-2511 and we’ll be happy to help you.
Instructions for RBC Online Banking Stop Payments:
Please ensure you have signed into RBC Online Banking, and that the payment hasn't left your account before following these instructions.
- Starting at the Account Summary page, select the chequing or savings account that you used for your cheque or pre-authorized payment.
- Go to the Transfers and Payments section and select Stop a Cheque or Pre-Authorized Payment.
Note: Business clients go to the Account Details section and select Stop a Cheque or Pre-Authorized Payment.
- Review the instructions carefully and then select Continue if you're ready to proceed.
- Select the type of payment you want to stop.
- Enter details about the payment and try to be as accurate as possible, completing all fields if you can.
- Make sure the details of your stop payment request are correct before submitting.
- After submitting your request, print or save a copy of the confirmation message.