A mutual fund is a pool of stocks, bonds and other securities held in trust on behalf of individual investors. When you invest in a mutual fund, you purchase units in a professionally managed portfolio of securities, with each unit representing a share of ownership in the portfolio.
You can buy mutual funds:
- Through RBC Online Banking, providing:
- You’re purchasing the mutual fund within an existing registered plan (i.e. TFSA, RRSP)
- Have Online Banking access, and
- Have an up-to-date Investor Profile
- Sign in to buy mutual funds online
- Call us at 1-800-463-3863. We'll be happy to discuss your goals and help you choose the type of investments that best suit your objectives.
- Visit your branch. We recommend booking an appointment ahead of time by calling us at 1-800-769-2511.
Your Investor Profile reflects information about you and your investment preferences (investment objectives, risk tolerance and time horizon), which may differ for each of your investment accounts. You must have a current Investor Profile that has been updated in the last 12 months to purchase a mutual fund or portfolio solution. To create or update your Investor Profile:
Mutual Funds are sold by Royal Mutual Funds Inc. (RMFI). There may be commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the Fund Facts/prospectus before investing. Mutual fund securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. For funds other than money market funds, unit values change frequently. For money market funds, there can be no assurances that a fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in a fund will be returned to you. Past performance may not be repeated. RMFI is licensed as a financial services firm in the province of Quebec.
Financial planning services and investment advice are provided by Royal Mutual Funds Inc. (RMFI). RMFI, RBC Global Asset Management Inc., Royal Bank of Canada, Royal Trust Corporation of Canada and The Royal Trust Company are separate corporate entities which are affiliated. RMFI is licensed as a financial services firm in the province of Quebec.