Benefits of Savings Deposit
At RBC Royal Bank, you can hold a savings deposit in any of your registered plans.
Safe and Secure
Your original deposit and interest rate are guaranteed, just like they would be in a regular savings account.
Flexible and Convenient
Access your funds when you need it. Plus, switch to GICs or mutual funds at any time.
No Minimum Deposit
Interest1 is calculated daily and paid semi-annually, with no minimum deposit required.View Interest Rates
What Else Should I Know?
RBC Savings Deposits are:
- Ideal for last minute TFSA, RRSP, RESP and RDSP contributions
- Ideal if you are not sure how you want to invest your money
- Perfect if you're looking to start saving in a registered investment account
Popular Tools & Calculators
Savings Deposits FAQs
Explore top savings deposit questions.
How do I buy a savings deposit?
You can buy an RBC Savings Deposit several ways:
- If you have access to RBC Online Banking, you can buy an RBC Savings Deposit online. You must also have an existing registered account (e.g., TFSA, RRSP) and an existing RBC Royal Bank chequing or savings account.
- Call us at 1-800-463-3863.
- Visit your branch. We recommend booking an appointment ahead of time by calling us at 1-800-769-2511.
Can I hold a savings deposit outside of a registered account?
Can I set up regular, pre-authorized contribution plan?
Regular, pre-authorized contribution plans can be set-up for your TFSA, RRSP, RESP or RDSP, so you can save automatically without even thinking about it!
- Get started with as little as $25 per week
- Contribute weekly, bi-weekly, monthly—you choose
- Contributions are automatically debited from your chequing or savings account
- Invest in mutual funds, GICs and saving deposits
Ready to Invest?
Buy a savings deposit for your registered account!
View Legal DisclaimersHide Legal Disclaimers
Interest rates subject to change without notice.