Best for Students in Professional Programs
Use the menus below to see if your program is eligible for this solution. If it’s not, please take a look at the Royal Credit Line for Students option.
- Clinical Psychology (Graduate)
- Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Language Audiology
- Speech Language Pathology
- Veterinary Medicine
- EMBA & MBA
- Graduate Engineering
- Law and JD Law
- Master of Accounting (Macc)
- Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence (MMAI)
- Master of Finance
- Master of Financial Economics
- Master of Financial Innovation & Technology
- Master of Financial Risk Management
- Master of International Business
- Global Master of Management Analytics (GMMA)
- Master of Management Analytics (MMA)
- Master of Management Finance (MMF)
- Master of Science in Business Management
Features and Benefits
Here’s what comes with the Royal Credit Line for Students:
- A range of credit limits. Based on program of study, to help you meet your borrowing needs. Limits ranging from $5,000 up to $200,000.
- Lower interest rates. Competitive interest rates as low as Prime RateLegal Disclaimer 1 based on program of study, budget and qualifications.
- More time to repay. After you’ve finished school, you have up to 2 years before you need to start repaying the principal amount. In the meantime, you have full access to your credit line.
- Optional LoanProtector® Insurance. Designed to provice financial backup during difficult times, LoanProtector life and disability or critical illness insurance provides low-cost, valuable protection for you and your loved ones.
- Co-signor not required.
What You Need to Apply
Here’s what you need to provide when you apply for a Royal Credit Line for Students – Professional Studies
Confirmation that you are enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary educational institution
- Invoice or receipt of payment for tuition
- Proof of enrolment letter from the Registrar’s Office
- Registered Education Savings Plan Verification of Enrolment Form
- Course schedule
- An estimate of your education costs (including tuition, supplies, fees, accommodations, food, travel, etc.) Get started with our Student Budget Calculator.
- A list of your financial resources (including RESPs, scholarships/bursaries, government funding, summer employment, etc.)
- Proof that you are a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
Note: Applications are subject to credit approval. If your credit history is limited, or you are studying at an educational institution outside of Canada, a co-signor may be required.
Student Banking Offers
Signature RBC Rewards Visa
Earn rewards, pay no fees. Need we say more? With an RBC Rewards Visa, you will:
Talk to a Credit Specialist Today
Your Credit Specialist can sit down with you one-on-one to help you create a secure financial future.
Two Student Royal Credit line cheques may be written during each monthly cycle without charge. A $2.00 Royal Credit Line Cheque Fee applies to each cheque thereafter. Refer to your Student Royal Credit Line Agreement for details.
RBC Rewards points are earned on Net Purchases only; they are not earned on Cash Advances (including balance transfers, Cash-Like transactions and bill payments that are not pre-authorized charges that you set up with a merchant), interest charges or fees, and credits for returns and adjustments will reduce or cancel the points earned by the amounts originally charged.
You even earn RBC Rewards points on pre-authorized payments.
Some service providers may not offer pre-authorized payments to a credit card. For more details, please visit www.rbc.com/cardscustomswitch (opens in new window) or call 1-866-299-5926
Eligible Credit Cards:
- Signature® RBC Rewards® Visa‡
- WestJet RBC® Mastercard‡
If, for some reason, the Expected Graduation Year you have provided at the opening of your Eligible Student Bank Account differs from the one you have indicated on your credit card application form, the Expected Graduation Year you have provided at the opening of your Eligible Student Bank Account will prevail and be used for determining the expiry of this offer.
Additional cardholders (co-applicants and authorized users) are not eligible for this offer. Only one credit card annual fee rebate per Eligible Student Bank Account is allowed. This means that if this is a jointly held Eligible Student Bank Account, and each co-owner is also the primary cardholder of an Eligible Student Credit Card, only the Primary Owner of the Eligible Student Bank Account will be entitled to the credit card annual fee rebate.