Benefits of Portfolio Solutions
Professionally Managed Funds
A professional money manager monitors the markets and makes the investment decisions for the portfolio, so you don’t have to.
Access a mix of investments across geography and sector, for a balanced and diversified portfolio.
Easy to Invest
Enjoy all the benefits of a professionally managed portfolio for an initial investment of just $500.
Help Reach Your Goals with RBC Portfolio Solutions
Save for a Long-Term Goal
Grow your investments over the long-term with three different solutions that are available in a range of investor profiles:
- RBC Select Portfolios: Built using RBC Funds, PH&N Funds and BlueBay Funds.
- RBC Select Choices Portfolios: Brings together some of Canada’s most respected money managers in one convenient portfolio.
- RBC Global Portfolios: Expand your opportunities for potential growth beyond your Canadian holdings with these truly global solutions.
Save for Retirement
Choose a retirement solution that can help take you to—and through—your retirement.
- RBC Retirement Portfolios: Includes seven professionally managed solutions driven by your expected retirement date.
Save for a Child’s Education
Unsure of the best way to invest for a child's education or simply don’t have the time? We can help:
- RBC Target Education Funds: An innovative approach to education savings that changes the mix and weighting of investment holdings over time to maximize growth, based on your child’s education date.
Generate Tax-Efficient Income
Looking for a flexible source of sustainable cash flow from your investments? We can help:
- RBC Managed Payout Solutions: Delivers predictable, tax-efficient monthly cash flow based on your investor profile and income needs.
Portfolio Solutions FAQs
Explore top Portfolio Solutions questions.
It’s best to work with an RBC advisor to find the investments that best meet your goals, objectives and tolerance for risk.
You can buy an RBC Portfolio Solution:
- Through RBC Online Banking, providing you have Online Banking access and an up-to-date Investor Profile. For non-registered mutual funds, you will also need an RBC Royal Bank chequing or savings account. For mutual funds in registered accounts (i.e., TFSA, RRSP) you need to have an existing registered plan plus a RBC Royal Bank chequing or savings account. Sign in to buy portfolio solutions online
- Call us at 1-800-463-3863. We'll be happy to discuss your goals and help you choose the type of investments that best suit your objectives.
- Visit your branch. We recommend booking an appointment ahead of time by calling us at 1-800-769-2511.
Your Investor Profile reflects information about you and your investment preferences (investment objectives, risk tolerance and time horizon), which may differ for each of your investment accounts. You must have a current Investor Profile that has been updated in the last 12 months to purchase a mutual fund or portfolio solution. To create or update your Investor Profile:
- Call us at 1-800-463-3863 or visit your nearest branch.