Benefit from Increases in Global Equity Markets With No Risk to Your Investment
Global Market-Linked GICs offer the best of both worlds – the security of a GIC and the growth potential of the equity markets. This GIC is a three-year GIC whose return is linked to increases in a weighted basket of international stock market indices. It also gives you the opportunity to benefit from increases in global equity markets without risking your capital.
Is This GIC Right for You?
This GIC may be an appropriate choice if you:
- Want the potential to earn a higher rate of return than traditional GICs.
- Want to guarantee the safety of your original investment.
- Will not require regular income from this investment.
- Are willing to accept a variable, rather than guaranteed, rate of return.
- Minimum Investment: $1,000
- Terms: 3 years
- Return: Variable return is linked to a weighted basket of international stock-market indices in Germany (DAX 30), France (CAC 40), Japan (Nikkei 225), UK (FT-SE 100) and the U.S. (S&P 500)1
- Interest Payment Options: Return, if any, paid at maturity, or at time of lock-in anniversary at the end of the second year2
- Access to Funds: No
- CDIC Eligible: Yes
Higher Return Potential
You’ll participate in the growth potential of five major international stock market indices.
Peace of Mind
Your original investment is 100% guaranteed at maturity.
You’ll have principal protection and growth potential in one solution.
Early return lock-in option2 available on the GIC’s second anniversary, providing you with control and flexibility.
For more information such as how return is calculated or to invest in a Global Market-Linked GIC, refer to:
The lock-in option allows you to take your return on the 2-year anniversary. If you decide to lock in gains before maturity, the return is paid out on the second anniversary, but the principal is paid back on the maturity date.
Telephone purchasers who have not received a written copy of the Global Market-Linked GIC Special Conditions and fact sheet prior to purchase will have the opportunity to cancel this investment purchase within two days of the day the written information on the investment is provided by calling 1-800-769-2511 or visiting your branch.
Past performance of this product is not indicative of future returns. Your return will depend on whether and how much the weighted basket of international stock-market indices increases over your GIC's term. This GIC does not provide you regular interest or provide a guaranteed rate of return. It is possible that there may be no return. For full product details, including how variable return is calculated, refer to the above fact sheet and special conditions, visit your RBC branch or call 1-800-769-2511.