The RBC Mobile app now has 2-Step Verification for added security and protection. 2-Step Verification means we’ll send a message to your chosen trusted device whenever someone tries to sign in from another device. Then, if the person trying to sign in is not you, you can stop them from accessing your account.
To Turn on 2-Step Verification in the RBC Mobile app:
- On the Accounts Overview page, select More at the bottom-right corner of the screen
- At the top of the More screen, select Settings
- Under the Features heading, select 2-Step Verification
- Turn 2-Step Verification on by tapping the toggle button
- This will take you to the Select a Trusted Device screen. Select the device you want to be your trusted device from the list. We suggest you choose the one you use the most.
- After selecting your security device, you will be brought back to the Manage 2-Step Verification screen. The toggle button will be turned on and your trusted device will be listed below. If you change your mind about your trusted device, you can tap Change next to your device name and select a different device from the list.