Send Money to Almost Any Country in the World.
Fast and Easy
In just a few easy steps, the recipient will typically have access to funds in 1-3 business days4
The RBC Digital Banking Security Guarantee5 stands behind every transfer made
Send money to almost anywhere in the world in most local currencies and, where permitted, in U.S. and Canadian Dollars.
To Get Started, You Will Need:
- An RBC chequing or savings account6
- Be enrolled in RBC Online Banking or the RBC Mobile app
- The recipient’s bank account number /IBAN/CLABE (for Mexico) or the Business Identifier Code (SWIFT BIC/ABA) for the bank/branch where the funds are to be sent to or picked up.
Note: International Money Transfers can't be sent from any U.S. dollar accounts or the RBC High Interest eSavings account.View Tutorial (opens in new window)
Frequently Asked Questions
Using the International Money Transfer service, you can send money to more than 200 countries worldwide.
While IMT is not available to recipients in Canada, clients can use the Interac e-Transfer service in RBC Online Banking or the RBC Mobile app – FREE for all RBC Royal Bank personal chequing accounts.
Please refer to your RBC Online Banking or your RBC Mobile App.
- An eligible RBC Royal Bank personal chequing account1
- Access to RBC Online Banking3 or the RBC Mobile app
- The recipient's bank account number, IBAN (for IBAN countries), CLABE (for Mexico), or the Business Identifier Code (SWIFT BIC or ABA for the USA) for the bank/branch where the funds are to be sent to or picked up.
- On the right side of the Accounts Summary page, under Quick Payments & Transfers, select "International Money Transfer".
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
On the RBC Mobile app:
- Open and sign in to the RBC Mobile app
- Select "Send Money" for Android or "Move Money" for iOS
- Select "International Money Transfer"
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Please note, to send a transfer through the RBC Mobile app, the recipient must have been preregistered through RBC Online Banking.
- Deposit to Account: If you know your recipient's bank name, SWIFT BIC, or ABA (for the USA) and account number, IBAN (for IBAN countries), or CLABE (for Mexico), we'll simply transfer the funds directly into the recipient's account.
- Pay Upon Identification: If your recipient doesn't have a bank account, we can transfer the funds to an international bank branch at an address you specify. The bank will release the funds to your recipient with proof of identity (such as a government-issued photo I.D.). Please ask the recipient to confirm with their bank if this payment method is available before sending the funds. In addition, it's a good idea to have the recipient also check with their bank what type of identification is needed.
For information on what BIC to use, please contact SWIFT; for information on ABAs, contact FEDwire.
For information on IBANs, please contact your recipient.